Chapter 4

"Dottie." She looks up from her book to see Draco standing in her empty compartment.

She smiles at him as Leia jumps down to greet him, "Hey, Dray, what's up?"

He shrugs and sits opposite her, "Just missed you a little." He admits quietly, "Where's the Weaslebee's?"

Further down the corridor they hear a scream followed by loud laughter, "I'm guessing that way." She says pointing in the direction of the noise.

The siblings furrow their brows as the train slows down, the windows begin to frost up and they both shiver. Dorothy wraps her arms around herself and places her book down on the seat beside her.

She lifts her sleeves over her hands and wipes away the frost from the window to look outside, "What's going on?"

They creep out of the compartment to see a dark, cloaked figure entering another compartment not too far away, Draco drags Dorothy back inside, closing the door behind them, "What in Merlin's name is that?"

~~~~~

"Welcome, welcome, to another year at Hogwarts," Dorothy quietly hums the song that was being sung by the choir moments ago making George elbow her to shut up, "I'd like to say a few words before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast."

"First, I'm pleased to welcome, Professor R.J. Lupin, who kindly consented to fill the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. Good luck, Professor."

Lupin stands as the hall cheers for him, "Potter! Potter!"

Dorothy looks over her shoulder to see Draco calling Harry, "Is it true you fainted? Like actually fainted?"

Ron rolls his eyes and moves Harry to look away. Dorothy grabs the only thing on her, which is a small sweet still in the wrapper and tosses it at Draco's head, "Enough, Dray." She warns.

"Our Care of Magical Creatures teacher," At this Dorothy perks up and sits up straighter to see over Fred's head, "Has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs."

"What? Kettlebern can't leave!" She hisses, "He was finally going to let me do a presentation on Dragons."

"Only because you know you'll get good grades with the help of Charlie." She shrugs and nods anyway.

"Fortunately," Dumbledore continues, "I'm delighted to announce, that his place will be taken by none other than our very own, Rubeus Hagrid."

Everyone begins to cheer and Dorothy attempts to stand up-all thoughts of her presentation on dragons and Kettlebern gone as she knows Hagrid will allow her to do it gone- before she can fully stand up the twins push her back down causing her to knock over her cup.

"Finally, on a more disquieting note, at the request of the Ministry of Magic, Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the Dementors of Azkaban, until such a time that Sirius Black is captured. The Dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Whilst I've been assured that their presence will not disrupt day-today activities, a word of caution."

"Dementors are vicious creatures. They will not distinguish between the one they hunt and the ones who get in their way. Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of Dementors to be forgiving. But you know, happiness can be found in even the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light."