Chapter 8

"You're giving us permission to do this?" Neville asks as he follows after Professor McGonagall.

"That is correct, Longbottom."

Dorothy struggles to keep up with the other's long strides as she huffs and puffs behind the fast group, "Blow it up? Boom?"

"Boom!"

"Wicked. But how on Erath are we gonna do that?"

"Why don't you confer with Mr. Finnigan? As I recall, he has a particular proclivity for pyrotechnics."

Seamus nods, "I can bring it down."

"That's the spirit away you go!"

The kids run off leaving Minerva, Molly, Dorothy and Flitwick standing on the steps, "You do realise, of course, we can't keep out You-Know-Who indefinitely."

"His name is Voldemort." Dorothy says keeping her eyes in front of her as she carefully twirls her wand between her fingers.

Flitwick's eyes flash with fear as she says the name, "You might as well use it, Filius. He's going to try to kill you either way."

She turns towards the caste and lifts her wand, "Piertotum Locomotor."

The knight's fall from the walls and land on their feet with their shields and swords, they march past them following their orders. "Hogwarts is threatened. Man the boundaries. Protect us. Do your duty to our school! I've always wanted to use that spell."

Dorothy raises her wand and points it at the sky as she walks towards an open spot in the courtyard, "Protego Maxima. Fianto Duri. Repelo Inimicum."

A shield forms around the school and the blonde turns to McGonagall waiting for her orders, "Lupin and Kingsley, help them, Arthur is with them."

She nods and takes off in a light jog, she spots Harry running towards her and with a sigh calls out to him.

He stops and stands there awkwardly for a second, the tension still thick between the two, "Good luck."

"You too." He gives her a thankful nod and continues on his journey.

Dorothy spots Remus, Kingsley and Dean, she jogs to catch up with them and they nod to her in acknowledgment, "Tell McGonagall, Remus, Dottie and I will handle this end of the castle."

"Yes, sir."

The trio watch as Death Eaters cast spells against the shield, "Hey, Dean, on second thought, tell Professor McGonagall we might need one or two more wands."

"It is the quality of one's convictions that determines the success, not the number of followers."

"Who said that?" Kingsley asks.

Remus raises a brow, "Me."

Dorothy chuckles a little and casts a gaze over her shoulder to George who passes, he holds eye contact with her as he walks away with Fred, just before he gets out of view he offers the biggest smile he can give.

"You going to tell him?"

"If I don't die."

~~~~~

"You ok, Freddie?"

"Yeah." Fred breaths looking up at the sky that is illuminated blue from the shield.

George elbows Fred lightly, "Me too."

"Are you going to tell Dottie?"

George sighs returning his gaze to the sky, "Yeah, I think I am."

"You might want to do it soon, before the battle starts. We're going to be here a while."