Chapter 12

George slips on his slippers and bed robes before grabbing the map and his wand. He watches Filch's steps as he carefully makes his way towards the Hospital Wing.

He creaks open the door and silently walks towards Dorothy's bed. "Hey." He says sitting in the chair beside her.

"I don't know if you can hear me right now, but, it's quiet without you."

He plays with his hands in his lap as he talks, "It's quiet without you hitting something over or tripping over your own feet every two minutes, and the pranks ain't half as good without you giving your opinions and ideas."

He looks up to meet her empty eyes, the grey eyes that are usually filled with mischief and a twinkle for adventures. He places his hand on top of her cold one and rubs the back of it with his thumb.

"I gave your homework in for you," He says with a slight chuckle, "It was in your bag so I thought I'd save you the trouble."

He sighs again and brings his robe closer to him realising just how cold it is. He reaches over and brings the blanket up to cover her fully, "I know how easily you get cold. Always shoving your cold hands on my neck." He chuckles slightly.

The door behind him opens making his eyes widen and breath catch in his throat, "What are you doing here, Weaslebee?"

He sighs in relief at the sound of Draco's voice, "I came to see my friend. What are you doing here?"

"I came to see my sister."

Draco doesn't spare him a second glance as he sits in the chair opposite him.

The pair sit in silence for a few moments, both of their gazes focused on Dorothy's figure, neither knowing what to say to the other. "Do you think she'll be okay?" Draco asks finally breaking the awkward silence.

George nods, "Yeah, she's the toughest person I know, a little petrifying can't stop her."

Draco nods in agreement, "Was she okay?" He asks quietly, "During the summer?"

The red head looks up to meet his eye and shakes his head, "Barley talked, took me and Fred almost three weeks to get her to smile again."

Draco sinks back in his chair and looks back to his sister. He wishes he can help her, he wishes his father wasn't so horrid.

Sighing he reaches over and takes her hand. "Stay strong." He whispers.

~~~~~

"Harry, its Hermione." Neville says nodding towards the doors of the Great Hall.

The twins sigh and rest their heads on their hands as they watch their brother's friend run down the tables towards them sharing a somewhat awkward reunion.

The doors open again making everyone's heads turn, there stands Dorothy, a fresh pair of robes on and a smile on her face. Her eyes catch the twins and she skips towards them her smile only growing.

Fred tackles her into a large hug and ruffles her hair, "Don't go looking for a large reptile again, please."

"No promises."

George pushes Fred aside and wraps his arms around her resting his head on top of hers, "It was weird without you, felt like I'd lost a triplet or something."

She sits between the twins, Ginny reaches over to squeeze her hand and Oliver taps her on the back, "What happened with Quidditch? Did we win?"

Everyone-beside Oliver- rolls their eyes, "No, Quidditch was cancelled." He tells her.

She gasps, "What? They can't cancel Quidditch!"

Dorothy feels a tap on her shoulder and turns to see Draco, before she can do anything he wraps his arms around her, "I thought you were embarrassed by me." She says jokingly as she wraps her arms around him.

He shrugs and quickly pulls back scowling at his friends who are laughing at him, "I thought you were dead, that's an exception."

"Wow," She snorts, "I'm so glad you thinking I was dead allows me to hug my little brother."

He plays with his robes and looks down, "Yeah, well, don't get used to it."

"Before we begin the feast," Dumbledore says getting to his feet, "Let us have a round of applause for Professor Sprout and Madam Pomfrey whose Mandrake juice has been so successfully administrated to all those who had been petrified. Also in light of the recent events, as a school treat, all exams have been cancelled."

Everyone cheers and Dorothy's jaw drops, she's been studying for months, for these, "What, you ca-"

She attempts to stand up but Fred and George grab her arms and sit her back down, she looks across to Hermione who is already looking at her, the pair shaking their heads.

The doors to the Great Hall open once again and Hagrid walks in, "Sorry, I'm late. The owl that delivered my release papers got all lost and confused. Some ruddy bird called Errol."

Dorothy snorts as she watches Ron look over at Dumbledore. Hagrid stops in front of the Golden Trio with a small smile, "And I'd just like to say that if it hadn't been for you, Harry, and Ron, and Hermione, of course, I would, er, I would still be you know where, so I'd just like to say, thanks."

"There's no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid." Harry gets up and hugs Hagrid's tall figure.

The entire hall begins to cheer, Dorothy gets up and stands on the bench making Fred and George reach out to catch her as she almost falls instead hitting her plate of food over. She sucks in a breath and looks down at them, "Oops?"

"I'll be honest, I kind of missed you spilling things every three seconds."