Chapter 7

Lightening has struck! Lightening has struck!"

~~~~~

"Many of you are wondering why I have summoned you at this hour," Snape speaks to the school as he stands before them, "It's come to my attention that earlier this evening... Harry Potter was spotted in Hogsmede."

Gasps and murmurs break through the crowds, "Now, should anyone... students or staff, attempt to aid Mr. Potter, they will be punished in a matter consistent with the severity of their transgression. Furthermore, any person found to have knowledge of these events, who fails to come forward, will be treated as equally guilty."

"Now, that," He begins as he walks through the crowds, "If anyone here has any knowledge of Mr. Potter's movements this evening I invite them to step forward. Now."

Slowly, a brunette steps forward causing the houses to gasp and turn towards him, "It seems, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, you still have a bit of a security problem, headmaster."

The Order walks in behind him, Dorothy walks between the twins, a smirk on her lips as she eyes the new Headmaster and staff, her eyes quickly scan over the Slytherin House and her smirk falters for just a second. George notices and slips his hand into hers offering it a small squeeze.

"And I'm afraid it's quite extensive. How dare you stand where he stood! Tell them how it happened that night. Tell them how you looked a man in the eye, a man who trusted you, and killed him. Tell them!"

Snape grips his wand making the students part, Dorothy goes to step forward but the twins reach out to stop her. McGonagall steps in front of Harry making Snape falter before sending a quick curse.

McGonagall sends flames towards him and he redirects them to the few Death Eaters in the hall before disappearing in a cloud of black smoke.

The school cheers as the Great Hall become alit with flames. Dorothy pockets her wand and walks towards Harry and McGonagall.

Suddenly, Harry falls back making her rush to catch him as he stumbles, "Potter? Potter, are you okay?"

McGonagall shares a look of concern with her but before either can say anything a scream interrupts them.

They walk towards a first year who holds her hands to her head as she screams, "Hey, hey, hey..."

Another scream comes from the other end of the hall making everyone turn to look over there. George appears at Dorothy's and the pair look at each other with furrowed brows.

"I know that many of you will want to fight. Some of you may even think that to fight is wise. But this is folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You have one hour."

"What are you waiting for? Someone grab him!"

Ginny steps in front of Harry blocking him from Pansy, Dorothy joins them and raises a brow in challenge, soon all of Hogwarts apart from a few Slytherin's stand in front of Harry to protect him.

"Students out of bed! Students out of bed! Students in the corridor!"

"They are supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot." McGonagall says with a tired sigh.

Dorothy chuckles and sighs as she quickly becomes serious casting another longing look around the hall. George notices and leads her away from the crowd to talk to her, "Dot, I'm sure he's fine."

"It's really happening?" She asks quietly.

He sighs and nods, "Georgie, we're twenty years old, we shouldn't be in a war. Look at these kids, they're eleven, twelve-"

"And we'll protect them, it's their choice to fight, you can't expect them to stand back, Hogwarts is their home, just like it was ours."

She sighs and nods, "You're right," She whispers casting another glances around the crowded hall, "I just... What if something happens? What if I lose you or-or Molly or... T-Tonks. I-I can't lose anyone, Georgie."

"You won't lose me, I promise you, okay? I'll always be with you."

He wraps his arms around her and presses her body against his, "I hope you're right."

"I'm always right."

"Debatable."