Reverse Card

It was Eye's vacation from school. Instead of going somewhere, Eye spent those days staying in her room with Samantha trying to figure out how to help her brother come out from the story that she had made.

They had searched on the Internet the possible ways on how to solve their problem, but they couldn't find any sensible solution after all. They had read some novels that had the same plot just like what Mew was experiencing, but they got tired searching for that certain part of the story knowing how thick some novel books are.

Feeling a bit tired already, Eye laid herself down on the bed and covered her face with a notebook where she wrote down all the possible solutions. While scrolling on the laptop, Samantha peeked at her friend who let out a loud sigh after lying down on the bed.

"What? Are you gonna give up now?"

Hearing what her friend said, Eye quickly removed the notebook from her face and looked at her friend who was sitting on the bed beside her. "Me? Who said?"

"I saw you letting out such a loud sigh."

"Honestly, I'm exhausted. I should be having fun now, swimming on the beach, shopping, or eating out with the girls." She expressed. "Or maybe going on a trip."

"I should be the one who's saying that. I'm stuck here with you, but I didn't complain."

Eye pouted. "Samantha~"

"Just take this situation in a positive way, okay? It's like you're a superhero in a story and you're trying to solve a mystery problem. Still, your... I mean our vacation is still productive. We're like in an undercover."

"That's silly. Superhero? I'm more like a villain than a hero though."

"Come on, don't say that. You're not gonna do all these things if you are the villain."

She chuckled at her friend's statement before she followed it with a sigh once again. "I'm tired, but I can't give up. My brother is involved in this."

She then grabbed her laptop and checked on her last story. There were only two chapters left, the celebration of the wedding anniversary, in which Yin and War, needed to choose whether to divorce or not. Both chose not to divorce and Eye was so sure that Mew and Gulf would choose to be together as well, just like how she had written the story. Next to that was the ending of the story. She knew how Yin and War's love story ended, but not Mew and Gulf's.

Noticing how Eye turned silent while staring at her laptop made Samantha asked. "What are you thinking?"

"I was checking the chapter."

"And?"

"And... there are two chapters left."

"What will happen next?" Samantha continued to ask.

"Their wedding anniversary." She stated. "On this day, they're going to choose whether to stay married or to get a divorce."

Samantha's face distorted after hearing the last word that Eye stated. "Wait, divorce?"

"But they're going to choose to stay together. That's why---"

"That's why you're trying so hard to break them apart? Woah, it's like you're playing as a villain in your story now."

"See? I'm not the hero. I already told you, if they won't, Pi Mew might be locked inside the story."

"Are you really sure about that? We can't even guarantee that breaking them apart will help them get out of the story as well. What if this whole plan of saving your brother would end up hurting them instead?"