Chapter 4

Marilyn Harrison ☀︎

Papa always used to play hide and seek with me and Arthur when we were young and carefree. It was a fun game until you are playing it in reality.

My meeting ended in an hour or so but I didn't return to my office until it was completely dark outside. I circled my office building so many times that people started noticing my presence.

In the evening, Luca and I were discussing the minutes when a knock came on my door.
" Yes."
Jake and Jesse entered my office with a facial expression that screams determination.
"Marilyn, the summary about today's meeting with the wrights," Jake says forwarding a file towards me. I wave a hand to take the sit, "Go on".

Jake practically jumps in, "I think it will be in our great interest if we collaborate with The Wright. We needed a strong connection to get a hold of the European market and I think Wright will be the one to give us that. Wright family is running the European market for ages." Okay, he's way more excited than on normal days. I look towards Jesse for her opinion but all she did was noded to Jake's words.

"Okay, I get the pros, but are you gonna say about the project or not," I asked raising my eyebrows.
"Ah yes, of course. Wright proposes that we invest in their upcoming dam project in Vancouver, Canada. It'll be part of a public investment. But the ratio is very low so no need to worry. We have received the exclusive contract, giving us almost equal power as them." I nodded when Jake finished. It's indeed a great project and a very way to enter European. And I don't want to let this opportunity go. But something tells me there is a reason for Wright to approach us.

I look at Luca, "I want all the information about this project. All of it. And find out why Wright approaches us. As per my knowledge, they have enough reserved to run such projects. After that, we will proceed to decide further." Luca noted and typed everything on his computer.

"Stay in connection with them. Discuss the contract with our lawyer and see if they suggest any changes." I said looking at Jake and Jesse.

"Marilyn...." Jake started sounding hesitant.

"What?"

"Mr Wright stated that if any further meetings are to happen you must be present there. Or they won't continue with the offer." I raised my eyebrows at it. Of course, I hurt his ego when I didn't attend the meeting.

Luca shrugged at it, " I'll adjust your schedule for the meeting." Luca said it was not a big deal. But it is a big deal. And I do think any is going back now.

"But I want the information before the meeting. So schedule it accordingly."

"I guess we are done then," I said to Jake and Jesse who took the cue to leave.

" You are acting weird," Luca asked taking the seat in front of me.

I shrugged, "I'm always weird for you, let's get back to work."

"Makes sense."

................................................

It's 10 am and I think I'm having a panic attack. I open my Xanax bottle take 4 pills and gulp them down.

Five days have passed since me giving Luca the task and today we're meeting the Wrights. Luca did bring me some amazing facts about Ridge Wright's recent activities and they are enough for me to alter more profit for us. But it will be anything but easy today.

When I receive a text from Jake informing me of their arrival my hands were all sweating due to nerves. My hands were shaking and my breathing was getting faster.

I took in a sharp breath, gather all my big girl strength and whispered "Let's get done with this shit."

In the hallway Jake, Jesse and Luca were waiting for me to reach them. Jake stood with the widest grin he could plaster on his face.

How bad can it be? And since we have decided on this path we will walk through it proudly.

Snapping back to reality when Jake called my name getting my cue to walk inside the office to finally Meet those blue eyes. They are just like I remembered but so must dull and now they are showing something else.... wounded. And it pained me to know I am the reason behind it.

I thought...I thought I was getting better, I honestly fucking did. But...it hurts, it hurts a lot to see the only person you ever wanted looking at you like you shattered their lives and threw the pieces far away. Because you did. You did do that to them.

No, this pain is supposed to be mine...mine alone to feel and keep. But then he calls me by the name I have tried these years to stop ringing in my ears waking me up from my sleep and reminding me of how much of a mistake I am.
  "Mara"

................................................

Two chapters in one day....your girl is getting productive 🤩🥳 okay so let's not criticize me for all the info I have put in these two chapters. This is a fictional story I repeat it is a fictional story thus it doesn't matter if Vancouver already has a dam!!!! Also, it's Bihu today. It's a festival for Assamese people which I proudly am. So happy bihuuuuu💖 💖💖☁︎ byeeee anyeong💖💕❤︎