Chapter 21

Marilyn Harrison

I cannot say no to Ridge Wright.

As I walked out of the washroom after getting finger fucked by the man I claimed to have no feelings for, I felt like fainting. My legs had weakened, and my heart was beating faster than I could handle and all because of that man.

How could I be this fool and let everything happen? I was supposed to say no, not beg for more. As my distance lessened from the table I was sitting this feeling of dread surfaces within me. what if someone notices? What if someone saw us? What if—I didn't let all the what-if thoughts play further in my head and walked straight to my table.

The moment I sat down everyone's eyes fell on me but except for Luca, no one spoke. "Are you alright?"

"I am fine." My eyes fell on the empty chair, wondering where he went and as if Luca read my mind he whispered in my ears, "he followed you to the washroom and hasn't been back yet."

"I didn't ask," and for the reply, I received a raised eyebrow from him.

"You know— you haven't told me yet how you and Ridge know each other," Luca spoke again.

"I don't know him. How many times do I have to tell you that?" It's a miracle that Luca hasn't eaten my brain out to know about Ridge already.

"Sure you do," Luca's immediate response made me shift in my seat.

"Luca..." I called his name out with a frustrated sign.

"Marilyn..." luca responded in the same tone.

"Lancaster, right?" a third person's voice came, making both of us turn towards it. I was so focused on Luca that I didn't even notice when Ridge came and took his seat at the table.

"Luca for short," Luca responded.

"Lancaster," Ridge says, ignoring Luca's words "how long have you been working for Miss Harrison?"

"Since the day Louise was established." Turning towards me he continued, "Almost six and a half years now, isn't it?" I nodded remembering the day I offered him the position as my assistant and he looked at me like I grew a horn in my head.

"And have you known her even before that?" Ridge asks again while cutting his steak. His unreadable expression was not giving anything away and I cannot just accept the fact that Ridge is genuinely curious about Luca. Because he definitely isn't.

"Oh, I have known Marilyn since we were in high school. More like Marilyn was in high school because I am a year older than her." Luca answered with a soft smile.

And suddenly Ridge's eyes fell on me and I knew whatever is going to come next isn't going to be good. "You never told me about him when we were on the island."

He didn't just fucking said that.

And from my side, Luca exclaimed 'I knew it' with gritted teeth. But my gaze was on Ridge. Who looked like he dared me to say anything.

I tightly fisted my fork before replying with gritted teeth, "We were not close enough for me to speak about my private life."

"We weren't?" His eyes glisten with amusement as if it is funny. It is not. He needs to stop talking about the past, especially here.

What was he trying to play? What does his eyes mean? This never-ending game of silence was warning me down and I am losing my focus. There are things I should prioritize but somehow I am getting lost every time.

As I prepared myself to answer his foolish question, two figures came into my vision as they approached our table. I let go of the fork that I was tightly fisting in case I used it for purposes I am not supposed to.

Samuel stood beside Ridge focusing solely on him as his wife Emma in his arms with a bright smile. You could see the botox stretching her skin making her face look more different than what I first saw when we met for the first time.

Samuel remarries one year later after Tabi's mother's death. She may be the wife of Samuel, but she never succeeded at becoming the mother of Tabi. Over the years tabi and Emma drifted more apart and as of now, they don't even regard each other.

"Mr Wright, I see you have already met my daughter. And here I was thinking of introducing you two." Samuel never does things without thinking ten steps ahead and every word that comes out of his mouth has a meaning. The same goes for this conversation. but this time I know what he was planning. "Tabi, why didn't you tell me that you guys know each other?" Samuel continues while smiling ear to ear.

"Cause we don't" Tabi's aloof reply made Samuel's eyes flicker but he masked his anger precisely. "He is Marilyn's acquaintance."

"He.is.not." I didn't need the limelight especially now. As if my hard glare made Tabi understand my annoyance with her comment, she clarified that Ridge's company signed a contract with Louise and we are just partners.

"I heard about that," Samuel's voice came and I turned towards him, acknowledging his words. I have known this person for years before wrinkles ever bloom in his facials when his paper-salt hair was nothing but black. "Let me assure you, Ridge, you are in very good hands. I know how Marilyn works and it's astounding."

"Is it?" Ridge asked with the familiar mocking tone, looking towards me. but Samuel was oblivious to the tone and continued but not before meeting my eyes, "Absolutely, she is such a good girl. Isn't it Mara?" my whole body turns hot after his words. The hair on my neck rose and I could feel my heartbeat rising. Ridge's eyes snapped to me immediately. But I couldn't dare to look at him. I just can't.

"Mara—" Ridge started, but before he could speak further, Tabi interrupted him, "Dad, can you please let us enjoy our food? You standing here is not helping.'' Tabi never cared about society's opinion when it comes to her father. During these years she ended up hating her father equally. But her words did succeed in making Samuel leave the table with an awkward smile.

After the dinner, we left quite immediately without bothering to inform Samuel and his wife because they don't really care about us as worded by Tabi. And like all other times, we followed her words.

After Samuel left the table I could feel eyes on me, watching me intently without bothering to hide. I knew who that individual was, but I was not ready to face it. So I pretended to be unaware of it.

As I fell on my bed, in the dark room filled with silence I let the voices come back. The alcohol was not helping as my mind was blurring with memories.

I wanted to sleep but I knew what was coming. It's been the same routine for six years now. and not even a single day I was exempted from it. maybe it's a way of reminding me what has been done and what is yet to be done.

I close my eyes as the voice approaches me, I crawl into a ball covering my heart with my hands slowing my breathing down. and yet again they were here with their bloody limp bodies asking me why I had given up on them. I have not.

As the night passes my tears continue to flow in the masses of silence, my body shivers with begging asking for forgiveness. And just like all the other times, they keep on repeating the same line.

Don't give up.
Don't stop fighting.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

New chapter is here !!!
Do let me know if there is any mistakes as this are unedited parts.
Tell me what are your opinions about this chapter.
See you with another chapter soon.
UNTIL THEN BYEEEEE PEOPLE 🌊💗🫶
P.S THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 45KKKK....
LOVEYOU BYEEE💕✨🌻