Chapter 16

When darkness crawls in,
Even the brightest light falls dim.

Ridge Wright

Is it legal to kidnap someone from the middle of the city at daylight especially when you are not even from that country? Of course, fucking not.

But do I care? Also no.

I want my answers and there was no way she was going to give me if I asked nicely, so I am taking it in my ways. Finn was completely against it, but sometimes having a do-first-think-later brother pays well. I don't know what Ely said to that waiter for him to bring her to the back alley of the restaurant but he looked like he saw a ghost. And Marilyn was put inside the car even before she could understand what happened.

Finn is behind the wheels, Ely is beside him in passenger and I'm in the back with her. She was kicking her legs and hands everywhere but the SUV was big enough to handle her temper.

She was screaming, struggling to free her hands but all she was doing is hurting herself. So, when I uttered those three words, enough for her to recognise who just picked her up she went completely still and quiet in her place.

After reaching the underground garage of Ely's place I put her over my shoulder and entered the elevator along with them. She started kicking her legs and fighting to let her go again, but that's not happening anytime soon."Stay still, you can play all you want after we get inside." I say holding her lower body more firmly.

Finn was still having that frown over his face but I was too pissed to give a shit. "You know it's not safe, especially outside England. And she got the connection. It can go wrong in so many ways" he said.

"Oh, believe me, it is going exactly that way if you keep me alive!" She spit over my shoulders. But when nobody replied to her she spoke again, "You didn't just fucking kidnapped me, Ridge. I'll kill you asshole. Let me go!" This is probably the first time after six years I have seen her showing these many emotions.

"No," I replied bluntly, she ain't going anywhere until we are crystal clear about what exactly fucking happened 6 six years back.

"Don't worry Finn, Ridge may rule London but here? I'm enough." Ely replied with a smug smile. But all Finn did was shake his head and release a loud sign. The elevator door opens entering inside I went straight towards the drawing room. I put her on the sofa gently and remove the hood over her head. Her hair was all messed up and she looked like a lion cub with how much anger she was breathing.

I forward my hand towards her face but she moved away immediately. I grab her face and bring it towards mine, "stay still" I said before removing her hair from her face. They still smell like fucking coconut, and it was taking everything in me to not drop my head I her neck.

Revealing a face which was all red and flustered, her breath was heavy and the glare had gotten deeper. But instead of hating her, I was getting a fucking boner down there. I took a step back before it became obvious to others and especially her. Finn and Ely came and stood beside me staring at my captive.

"Are you going to keep gawking at me like that or say something? Why am I here in the first place?" She snapped at us.

First of all, why is she not scared?

"I want some answers and if you want to leave then answer them nicely," I said looking at her with a straight face not giving out any emotions.

"And if I don't, you kill me?" She asked, raising her eyebrows. Her breathing has gone normal and her face is completely calm. Like dying isn't something terrifying.