Chapter 30

RIDGE WRIGHT

My hands were shaking. Of rage, guilt, and fucking shame.

Zahra was done speaking but my heart was not done thumping faster than it could handle. And suddenly my whole body was shaking, trembling. My lungs were not working, there was a ringing sound around my ears and my eyes were lost on something, anything.

I could feel wetness around my cheeks, and it took me a few seconds to realize that those were my tears. I was crying, breaking down into sobs and I couldn't just stop myself. My legs gave out and I ended up on my knees.

The pain was stinging into me, and it was not stopping. I don't think it ever will. This heart, my heart was in pain. And I can't dream about the amount of pain she went through. She—oh god Mara.

"Ridge?" A worried voice came, making me tilt my head at two pairs of eyes staring into me, one with fear, and worries and another with the same pain and guilt I was in.

"Where is she?" My hoarse voice was barely audible.

"She—they took her. And I am not sure how far he'll go this time with her." Zahra ended with her face transforming into dread, pure fear.

"This time?" Finn asked while his eyes roamed around her face with worry and something else. Something I am not capable enough to comprehend now.

"That-that is not my story to tell. If Marilyn wants to she'll tell you herself." After taking another shaky breath she continues while her eyes firmly hold mine. "But this time I won't make the same mistake. If there is someone who can save her and protect her it's you, Ridge. And that's why I am here. She needs you."

"Where is she, Zahra? Take me to her." I said standing to get my car keys.

"I have no idea," Zahra said, sounding defeated.

"What?" I turn around looking at her.

"When I went to her apartment she was not there. The door was unlocked, her phone was on the ground and the car was parked outside. They took her."

My gaze went to Finn, who went to the corner to call our men commanding them to look into all the places she could be. I turn back to Zahra, "is there any place you know she can be."

"There is a place where they might have taken her. It's the same place I found her six years back." She said standing and gathering her stuff to leave.

But I was still stuck there hearing her words. "What do you mean 'you found her there six years back'?" I said

"We need to go. We have already wasted enough time. " Zahra said while ignoring my eyes and marching towards the exit.

"Zahra, we can't know what the situation is without you telling us everything. You can't just give us a snippet of your story and ask us to believe you." There were doubts in Finn's eyes. As if he can't trust her words. "Marilyn has already lied to Ridge multiple times. What if this is another series of deception she is plotting to gain her selfish needs." She is not.

''What?'' Zahra's steps stop abruptly with her cold voice ringing around the walls like she couldn't believe what he just said. "How can—can you say that? How can someone lie about her family getting murdered by someone she called her godfather? Do you even know what you are talking about?"

"Because last time I checked Marilyn's parents were retired and enjoying their life in Greece. And I have sources that have confirmed it personally." Finn asked with an accusing tone. But he didn't stop moving and soon we were in the elevator going to the garage.