Chapter 20

Ridge wright

I kissed Mara.
I shouldn't have.
But,
I'll do it all over again if I have to.
Millions of times over.

Yesterday night after walking her to her cottage, I walked back to my place. On our walk, I knew she wondered if I was going to stay over the night, but I couldn't. I never planned on kissing her nor to say any of those words which were nothing but truth. But somehow her presence, her voice made me let my guard down.

She is like an angel fallen into my hands and I feel like the moment I touch her she'll wither away but if that'll make me stop anytime. The moment our lips touched I knew it was over for me. That there's no way I'll be able to kiss another woman without remembering her, her touch, her slightly audible moans.

Her lips felt like thousands and hundreds of clouds melting on my lips while fairies flew around showering stars over my heart. I felt like she'll melt away if I hold her tightly. These feelings were weird, new, and surprisingly war, like this is what my heart has been waiting for like she is what I was waiting for.

And while my heart act like an insolent puppy jumping every time our gaze met, I don't think I would have stayed with her overnight without making a joke of me. She is a dream and would've preferred her to stay that way but it's too late now. I have gotten too much of her to keep her just at my eye distance.

It was already morning, and I needed to see her again.
Touch her.
Taste her again.

But I took my time because desperate is the last stop I want to land at. When I walked out towards the bar from yesterday where Mara asked me to come in the morning she wasn't there. Taking my keypad phone out to check the time when a voice calls from a distance, "You came."

She walked towards me with the widest smile wearing a yellow sundress and hairs falling over her face due to the wind. And when she finally reached my side she said again, "You came." But this time her voice was soft, the smile was now more like a shy smile, and red crept slightly into her cheeks. And without any second thought, I raised my palm to tuck her hair strands behind her ears looking for her face.

Beautiful,
Breathtakingly.

" I came," I said after a moment watching her enough before she thinks I'm a creep.

"So are you ready to explore these extremely beautiful islands?"

"Yes," my words were like a sign for her before she grabbed my hand and dragged me away.

"Is this the first island you've visited or you've already been to other channel islands?" she asked while walking around the small shops around the town. There were more tourists than locals as the population here is very minimal.

"I flew directly here from London," I answered her while looking over her small figure walking in front like she was born in this very land.

"I guess I am in charge of showing you the other islands as well then. You are lucky I haven't been there already or you'll have to go alone."

"Being alone doesn't necessarily mean you are lonely."

"Whatever makes you sleep at night, bulky boy," she replied trailing forward, tearing the crowds around the shops.

It took me a minute or a few to reach where she was. She was crouched down listening to an old lady in a wheelchair talking. but by her expression, it was clear she didn't understand the french speaking lady. All she was doing was nodding to the old lady with her wide smile and how foolish she looked.