Chapter 17

Marilyn Harrison.

I am terrified by this dark thing that sleeps in me.
I am terrified to show it to him.
But now he knows. He has seen it. And he believes it.

His eyes were horrified when I uttered those vicious words which burned me inside out. But pain is good, damage is good until there's a positive ending for it all. And with every step Ridge took away from me, I could hear my heart crushing and breaking apart. But I kept my smile intake, eyes blank.

It's been almost three hours of them abducting me, and I now sit on the couch with a television showing some documentary on aquatic animals with my hands tied behind. There's no sign of the Wright brothers or Finn.

I feel tired and exhaustion embraces me fighting to keep my eyes open. But when I heard the door's clicking sound and within seconds Finn stood in front of me with no sign of Ridge or Eliot behind him it was taking everything in me to keep my eyes open.

I smile sweetly looking up at him, "You know a federal kidnapping conviction carries a sentence of 20 years to life in prison in the United States. And I'll pretty much do everything in my fucking will to make it a life sentence if you don't let me go," pausing for a second I add, "immediately."

"We are not going to hurt you and you know that pretty well. And I am here to make sure you don't get any wrong idea of our intention." Finn said with a straight posture his business tone returning.

"You mean, how you guys kidnapped me? What was your intention then? Were you trying to pluck me up using your hooligans to surprise me?" I asked in a mocking tone which makes his features more annoying.

"What I mean is, Ridge never intended to hurt you. I have no clear idea about what happened between you two but that man loves and he doesn't deserve this." Finn said, sounding furious.

I didn't deserve any of this too.

Finn is normally a calm person who observes before speaking. The kind of people one should be wary of because they spot every small change. "Oh?" I exclaimed in an amusing tone, keeping the smirk intake.

His eyes were stuck in me, like he was trying to look underneath me and after a minute releasing a deep breath he said, "Do you believe no one will see you beyond that mask of yours?"

Silence.

"Any specific reason for acting like a mad woman and traumatizing the two brothers, Marilyn?" Finn said taking the seat opposite to me.

"What are you talking about?" I could feel my eyes flutter at his words.

"You didn't mean a single shit you said to Ridge back then."

"Yes, I did." I sounded more desperate than I should be.

"You didn't." When I try to open my mouth to argue back, "You won't win this argument, Marilyn. So there's no point in wasting our time debating  on such a baseless topic."

And I indeed underestimated him.

"What do you want, Finn?" I finally ask.

"Stay the fuck away from them. I mean it. I am not ridge, I am not emotionally engraved with you to think irrationally." Unlike me who was second away from launching at him, he was calm and calculated.