Chapter 6

Marilyn Harrison (six years ago)☀︎

How exactly are you supposed to react when someone calls you a bitch? "Can you please stop staring at me like that? It's creepy." The man sitting beside me whose name is supposed to be Ridge spoke. Jerk.

"No, you called me a bitch. How dare you." Why is he being so mean to me? I didn't say anything wrong. We were just talking.

"No, I called you a talkative bitch" he says. What on earth is he so angry about? Aren't you supposed to be enjoying your vacations and meeting new friends?

"It's the same thing," I said with frustration.

"No, talkative bitches are more annoying than normal bitches." At this, I let out a shocked gasp. I felt like my jaw almost touched the floor. He didn't just say that. "And close that mouth of yours, this shit is turning all the wrong ways" he trails off cursing under his breath.

"What are you talking about?" his words are puzzling and how can people be so grumpy?

His eyes bore through me making me almost flustered, almost. "You are too simple for someone so wicked like me." Do I even know how to reply to that? For someone who always has the last say, it's quite nerving how this guy is making me speechless.

Honestly, when I saw him looking at people like he wanted to drown them until they stopped breathing, I should've stopped myself as well. Instead, my impulsive brain dragged me to throw some sunshine over his head. And now he is throwing his dark cloud over me and also calls me a bitch. I think the one who is going to drown someone is me. Why do I always put myself in such an embarrassing situation?

"Drop that face, you look like the ugliest version of Ursula"

"Shut your mouth before this Ursula drown you until your lungs soak in salt water" There can't be any better example to don't judge a book by its cover than this man sitting beside me. Jerk.

"So many violent words" he mocked while smirking like a moron, turning his body completely towards me.

Gritting my teeth to stop myself from throwing any insult I look at him narrowing my eyes but noticing my gaze he look back at me with amused eyes. His eyes were blue, just like ocean could be, deep and so mesmerising. It's so beautiful that somehow I ended up getting lost in them. But my admiration was so obvious on my face that suddenly everything started feeling hot. "You are so -" pausing for a moment to find the most insulting word but before I could finish he spoke up, "handsome, charismatic, undeniably hot?"

"No, more like infuriating, discourteous, hideous," I replied blandly.

"Liar," he said turning towards the beach but this time his eyes are not looking like he wants to murder anyone. Instead, he is smiling. Did I mention that this guy is exactly my type except for that personality?

"If you find me hideous you wouldn't have come here to sit beside me" smug face is what one call the facial of him. Unable to control my frustration I bang my head on the table of the bar. Maybe a bit too hard, cause now it hurts like hell.
You really shouldn't have come here, Marilyn.
Mistake, a great mistake.

"Are you crying, princess?" He asked, dipping his head lower since I'm covering mine with both my hands. "You want my shoulder," before I could turn towards him he added, "For your legs?"
Good, god.

Letting out a deep, sharp breath "You know what? I'm out of here. You are unbelievable." I stand up, turning around to get as far as possible from him. Halfway down the road, I heard him laughing aloud.
Jerk. Jerk. Jerk.