Chapter 15

Marilyn Harrison.

Board meetings tend to drain all your patience until there's nothing left but the urge to slaughter everyone.

I am sitting in my main meeting room with 15 fat-ass investors who think I owe them my life just because they have put their money into my business. "Marilyn if you want my opinion regarding this partnership with the Wrights, I would say—"

"I don't." I interrupt Tripp before he could finish, "I have my own." He's been trying to convince me how great my company will be if I sell it to any of the highest bidders because a woman like me needs to stay home and build a family.

"But at least—" I raised my palm to stop him from speaking further, "I won't repeat Mr Tripp," I said in a stern tone. "Whatever needs to be dealt with the Wrights is already done thus, there is nothing to worry about. And the contract will be officially signed tomorrow."

"But what if in contrast to investing in their business, we offered them to invest in our own? What do you say?" One of the shareholders named Jacob said out loud.

Deep breath Marilyn, you cannot kill them. You still need their money.

"What is it? Are we some barter shop for you?" Sometimes I doubt why are they so rich when their brain is like a goldfish. "And regarding that, I think our capital budget is almost close to what is been agreed and we cannot seek more investors before amending the MOA. Or are you not aware of your own company's status? If so, I suggest why don't you sell your shares to the Wrights instead." Would be a big favour for my mental state.

"Jacob is not suggesting this because he is clueless but because he cares about our company, Miss Harrison. We are the shareholders of this company and we have the right to make decisions for it." Tripp speaks up.

"And Mr Tripp, I have also offered you full payment of your shares at the market price if you ever felt like your opinions were ignored. Do you know why I gave you all that offer?" I asked, looking at the faces of all fifteen of them. "Because...you will be ignored. So either you take the money and leave or shut your mouth."

Rude. But gets the work done.

"You think acting like a spoiled brat will make your company succeed? You are so mistaken, Marilyn." Tripp said, whose eyes will pop out of their sockets any moment. They are wide as shit.

"Well, being a misogynist won't bring me success either," I said, batting my eyelashes.

Smile. Give them your best smile.

"Did you just call me a misogynist?" Tripp is now out of his chair screaming at his highest tone. He looks like he is angry or maybe ashamed. "I have three daughters of my own, Miss. Harrison, I have raised them giving them whatever they need. I love my daughters and I never felt the need for a son. So, I'm the last person you should call a misogynist."

"And last I checked, two out of three of them are married to your recent business partner's family. So, if the shoe fits then I advise you to wear it, Mr.Tripp."

"You are going to regret this, Marilyn." Mr Tripp sneered, teeth gritted tight enough to fall apart.

"I have many regrets in my life but I'm damn sure this won't be one of them." I keep the sweet smile intake on my face while looking dead into Tripp's eyes I added, "So, touch what's mine and I'll strip you apart until there is nothing left in you." The whole meeting room went quiet and everyone looked around, under, anywhere except at my eyes.

"You don't get to threaten me. I am your shareholder. Because of me, your company is still alive. And because of me, your company will survive if it faces any obstacles. So choose your words wisely." A smirk sits on his face which is making my inside gag.