Chapter 24

Ridge Wright.

"Sir, Miss Harrison is here." Ana's voice from the entrance to my office while I was reviewing a few of the documents. Her words made me stop and look up at her.

"For me?" I asked because Marilyn coming for me on her own is not possible. And since everything about the partnership is managed by Finn there is no work reason for her to approach me as well.

"Yes you, sir," Ana said raising her eyebrows at me giving me looks that say what-type-of-question-is-that.

"Okay, send her in." Straightening up a bit, I let my gaze fall over the lady that walks into my office like she is controlled. And god forbid if she is not.

She wearing a bodycon dress wrapped around her body, bringing out her fuck-me curves. Years ago she was insecure about them and now she graces it flawlessly.

She was standing there with that same smile that held nothing but void. "All the work related to the project is dealt with by Finn, not me. Go to him." I said not tilting my head from the files after a short glance at her.

"I am not here regarding the project, Ridge." She said taking the seat in front of me.

"Then why are you here?" I said shutting my files down and focusing solely on her.

"Did you know Finn came to my office last night?" That paused me, I knew something happened in that meeting but Finn is stubborn enough to not say a word. And I am not going to ask until he decides to tell me.

"Yet again, all the work related to Louise is handled by Finn."

"It was not work-related."

"Perdon me." I retard immediately.

"Our meeting was not work-related but personal. He was there to have a chat with me about some personal matters." I know she was playing with words trying to find out how I'll react to it. Keeping my face neutral I reply flatly, "And what that matter might be."

Silence.

"If you are not going to speak, you need to leave. I am not here sitting around to read whatever is running in that brain of yours."

"I heard about your transfer from him as well so I decided to give you a visit. And I also left a bouquet of roses at the reception desk." She spoke like she meant good while buying the flowers but it's Marilyn I am sitting in front of. When I didn't reply anything she continued, "Why did you transfer, Ridge?"

Ridge. She called my name like Mara used to call me all around the day in those islands six years back.

My mind was engulfed with rage burning in me. Why would she pretend to be her when we are both aware of the fact that everything from six years ago was a lie? Tightening my hand into a fist, "Certainly not for you."

Nodding once, twice she says, "he warned me to stay away from you."

As expected from Finn. "But here you are."

"I...Ridge everything that happened in past–" cutting her mid-sentence I spoke, "I don't think there is anything left to speak about the past."

She looked away at my words. Because the truth remains that my love was not enough for her to stay with me and sort out our problems. That for her running away was a more easier choice compared to talking with me. "Why did you come here, Marilyn? What do you need?"

"Ridge...I just" took a deep breath as she shook her head, "You are right I shouldn't have come here. Sorry for wasting your working hours."

"You cannot just come and go as you wish, Miss Harrison." Her eyes fluttered a bit when I didn't call her by name. She didn't make any move to leave but stood there looking at me with brows drawn together. "Sit down."