Chapter 12

Ridge (six years ago)

It's my third day on this island and except for the first day I haven't gone out of my cabin much. This place is full of humans and as someone who hates socialising, it's like hell on earth for me. But since the cabin I am staying in is in an isolated area, it feels calm and peaceful here even though it's taking every single particle of ego in me to agree with that.

The sun wasn't down yet, people were sitting around the beach waiting for the sunset, whereas some were dancing to some music. This place is everything a city can never be. I came out in search of a good drink, walking around. But all the bars were packed with people

After walking around for 10 minutes, I found a decent bar that wasn't packed with people. Taking a seat at the very corner of the bar I took out my phone to call someone but... didn't know who.

The bar is at the shore of the beach, an open area letting the cool breeze in. Even in the mid-summer, it's still kind of chilly. A song playing in the background and everyone is busy with themselves.

"What can I get for you?" A voice calls me, making me turn around towards the bar, and catching a pair of emerald green staring at me.

"Mara?" I said at the same time she said, "You?"

"Not bitch this time?" She asked.

"You are still stuck in that, aren't you?"  I asked her with a smirk. I still remember how she ran away that night when I started teasing her. She wasn't there because she was interested in me which kind of made me interested in her, not that I'm gonna say it out loud. But I was also right when I called her kid.
She is a kid.

"Of course I'm stuck. You don't normally get called a bitch." The sweet smile is nowhere found but instead a glare sits now.

"You don't? That's surprising." I replied tilting my head which made her even more mad.

"You think you are funny, frizz? But let me tell you something, you are one of the most debilitated, annoying human beings I have ever come across with." She said to me bending a little, putting her elbows on the table which exposed a bit of her chest and my eyes automatically dropped on them but she was so busy glaring at me to even notice it.

Looking at her attire I asked, "You work here?" But she seems to be an urban girl and the whole story made me listen to how she faked her accent to sound English. Yes, as shocking as it sounds I do remember every single word she said that night. It was a shitty day but somehow she made me laugh even though she has an annoying personality that never stops talking.

"You tell me since you have this impropriety to act like an omniscient." She snapped at me. God, her cheeks are so red and edible. How will it feel if I put my cold fingers on them? Will I feel warm?

"You know you are too rude for someone to work in a bar." I said looking around, "So it won't be wrong if I make a complaint about you, right?"

"Giving people a reality check is not being rude but a service." She said while smiling sweetly at me batting her lashes.
This little

"Get me a martini." I said to her, to which she replied "We don't have that."

"Okay, then a negroni."

"We don't have that either." She replied immediately.

"Then how about a glass of whiskey highball?" I asked again and she shook her head with a frown as a reply.

"Then what do you guys have?" What's the point of running a bar if you do not have any alcohol?

"Uh....exit? Which I 100% recommend you to take." She replied with a smirk.