Chapter 11

Marilyn Harrison

Weak. How can someone be so fucking weak? I'm embarrassed, the guild is stuck in my skin so how can I expect or hope for this pain to go away? No, I can't. Because it's all on me. I ruin things just like I ruin us. The 'us', I once dreamed of until reality shook me apart to get my foot in the ground.

Lying in my bed I could very clearly hear my friends whispering in the kitchen. I want to get out and join them with whatever they are arguing about but my body has given away. I was exhausted both mentally and physically.

"Luca, I don't want to hear about your sex life. So shut the fuck up." Tabi scolds, as the voice approaches nearer with every word.

"You are my best friend. Your opinion doesn't matter. You have to listen."

"Exactly, just like I'm going to sell your organs after stabbing you to death. Your opinion doesn't matter ." Tabi returns in a flat voice.

"You know, people like you are called psychopaths?" Luca said softly.

"You know, I don't give a shit?" Tabi asked, sounding bored.

"Fuck you," Luca whispered.

"Nah, I'll pass," Tabi replied in a bored tone. Whispering.

"You know I can hear all your words. There's no reason to whisper." I called out since they haven't entered my room yet.

At this, they entered with Luca holding a glass of water probably warm and Tabi holding a tray with a bowl in it.

"We thought you were getting your beauty sleep but it seems like the demon is already awake," Luca said, placing the glass on the table and taking a seat beside me.

"How are you feeling?" Tabi asked softly.

"Much better. Normal to be more precise." I replied with an assuring smile but there is nothing normal about this situation.

"Drink the soup. You'll gain some strength." Tabi said, pushing the tray towards me.

I threw a glance towards Luca who only nodded as a signal of assurance. Some people on earth were not made for the kitchen and Tabi is one of them. Her cooking cause some serious damage to my body in past. Anxiously I took the bowl in my hand and sniff once. "You know I saw that right?" Tabi's words made me and Luca look at her raising our brows, "That eye signal you just did between you two." Shit.
"It's not bad, I have followed the recipe accordingly." She always follows the recipe.

I bring the spoon to my lips drink a spoonful and immediately I feel astounded. It was good. It tastes like food. "What?" Tabi asked way too quickly. God, she did put some effort into it.

"It tastes like food," I replied grinning.

"Because it is food." Tabi stated.

"No, normally you use eatable ingredients to make something hideous and poisonous. You can also call it witchcraft."

"Shut up Luca."

"The breakup gave her a permanent mood swing," Luca whispered in my ears.

"Luca, if you want your ball's intake shut your rotting mouth."

"See?" at this I laughed out loud, feeling a bit lighter.

......................................................

Luca left after dinner since he have to prepare for an early morning meeting tomorrow. While Tabi stayed and now lies beside me. "Do you remember in the 5th grade when we were almost expelled from the school if it was not for your mother." Tabi speaks randomly.