26

When Theia had finished her hot bath, she wrapped herself in a towel and trudged back to Felix's room. He had given her one of his lounging shirts to wear to bed. She was grateful for the coverage and not having to put on her dirty clothes. He had been left in only his pajama bottoms by the time she returned, and she enjoyed the sight of his toned torso. Her hair was wet over her shoulders, but Felix didn't seem to mind when he urged her to climb onto him.

He laid on his back, giving Theia access to crawl on top of his body. She straddled his waist, peppering kisses to his lips and cheeks. Perhaps if she did enough of them, he'd want her to repay him for her pleasure. Felix never did, instead he wrapped an arm around her back and tugged her onto his chest. His skin was warm against her cheek, his arms wrapped around her like Nyx had done those nights ago.

"You need someone, don't you?"

Theia stilled at his assumption, his correct observation. She slid her hands up his biceps and shoulders, curling her fingers into his short hair. She waited a long while before nodding slowly, eyes falling closed when his arms drew her tighter against him. Felix didn't ask her to touch him, didn't urge for more kissing, he just held her.

After what felt like hours, his chest rose and fell more steadily, his breath escaping his lips in soft pants. Theia lifted her head, looking over his face. He was handsome in the way that most Illyrians were. He had tanned skin, dark brows and lashes, the shadow of a hair above his lip. She slid her hand down from his hair and traced the line of his jaw, over his bottom lip, and back.

Theia did need someone. During her stay at that house those past two months made her realize she enjoyed company, as much as she didn't want to. So, Theia laid her head back onto Felix's chest and savored the warmth of his body. She let her wings drop around them as she listened to his heartbeat. Theia cursed herself when the question rose into her mind: Did Nyx's heart beat this steadily tonight?

                              ————————

When Theia woke up the next morning, the sun had yet to peek its head over the mountains. It took her a moment to realize where she was, whose hand laid across her stomach. She turned, met with Felix's sleeping face beside her. Theia bit her lip, needing to use the bathing chamber and return to her own house to change her clothes for work. She slid from beneath the weight of his arm, turning and crawling from his side. Felix shifted, but didn't look at her.

Theia slid from the bed and crept out of the room and into the bathing chamber. She relieved herself and splashed water over her face, already ridden with anxiety of seeing Felix again. Would he regret letting her into his home? Would he regret touching her? Willing herself to be brave, Theia opened the bathing chamber door and slipped back to Felix's bedroom.

He was sat up against the headboard, rubbing his eyes. Theia swallowed, hiding herself at the doorframe. She was afraid of his kindness running out, afraid he'd hurt her for not touching him the night before. Her pulse jumped when his eyes met hers.

"What are you doing?"

"I don't know," Theia admitted, face turning red. Felix grinned and tilted his head.

"Come here."

Theia obeyed and crept toward him, squeaking in surprise when he caught her by the waist and pulled her onto him with ease. She sat on his hips, staring down at him behind her hair. Felix tucked her hair behind her ear and pulled her down, taking her lips with his. Casually kissing someone was never something Theia thought she'd be doing, but she enjoyed it.

"I have to go to work," she murmured against his lips, breathing out heavily when he pulled her hips down to grind himself between her thighs. The touch had her wanting his fingers, his mouth. Though, Calliope would have her head if she missed another shift.