60

Daylight climbed above the mountains too quickly. Nyx woke Theia up with a gentle kiss to her hair and soft words. Even just the thought of standing up to the High Lord, yet again, had her mind begging for more sleep. Nyx didn't let her, though. He slid from beneath her, pulled on his pants from the night before, and pulled her into his arms. Theia groaned, shoving her face into his shoulder as Nyx laid a blanket over her naked body.

"We have half an hour, you'll bathe and I will walk you to his office," Nyx murmured. He carried her to the bathing chamber, smothering Theia with kisses and encouraging words as he filled the tub with soaps and water. When she climbed into the tub, he disappeared to gather her clothes for the day. For a long moment, she stared at the distant window as she soaked in the hot water. She watched birds dance in the sky, the trees sway in a breeze. It was another clear day, and that gave her hope.

Soon enough, Nyx was back and kneeling beside the tub. Theia turned her head and tried to bring a smile onto her lips, but he cut her off with a quick kiss. Theia just watched him as he dipped a cloth in the steaming water and brought it to her face.

"What are you doing?" She asked with a frown as he made quick strokes on her skin. Nyx smiled as he pulled the rag back and showed her. It was covered in grey, red, and glittering smudges.

"You wore cosmetics last night, remember?"

She had not. From her crying, their kissing, and sleeping, it made her curious just how insane she had looked before he wiped it off. Theia felt heat rush to her cheeks as she tore her eyes from his and reached for the glass beside the tub. He beat her to it and filled it, tapping her forehead to make her tilt back.

Theia let him clean her. It felt childish, it felt unnecessary, but she had realized that it was his way of showing her love. Besides using his body and mouth, Nyx was able to communicate it through servicing her. When her hair was slick with water and clean, Nyx pulled the plug in the tub and Theia stood.

He wrapped a towel beneath her wings and onto her breasts, tucking the fabric there and pressing a kiss to her nose. This time, Theia did smile at him. He pulled any traces of joy from her chest each time he was around her. She adored him for it.

Now, it was teamwork. Nyx combed through her wet hair as Theia put creams on her face and arms. She watched him in the mirror of the vanity as he braided her hair back and tied it off with a leather strip. As if she were incapable of dressing herself, he pulled the towel from her body and made her stand. Nyx dropped to his knees to pull on her undergarments, leaving kisses to her stomach as he did.

Theia watched him in awe. The Night Court heir on his knees in front of her, putting clothes on her. It was surreal sometimes. He fitted her in the Night Court attire, silky blue fabric over her skin. He finished with buttoning the shirt above her wings, and then a quick kiss to her head.

"Go to his office, I'm going to bathe and get dressed while you're there," Nyx explained. Theia turned, eyes widened.

"I'll be alone?" Nyx hummed as he nodded, cupping her chin and running a thumb over her lip.

"He wants to settle this with you. I'm going to bathe and get changed so that I'm not listening in and fighting with myself to go in there. I'll be there when you're finished," he answered. Theia frowned and Nyx kissed her pouted bottom lip.

He gave her no chance to respond. Nyx took Theia's hand and led her from the bathing chamber. They made it to the landing of the stairs before he stopped, turned to her, and took her face into his hands. He kissed her slowly, pulling the anxiety and weight from her chest.

Theia thought that would be his only way to calm her mind, but then the glorious, beautiful male spoke again. "Do you want me to get you angry?"

A laugh bubbled from her throat, her head falling forward to his chest. "I think I'm angry enough," she responded. Nyx chuckled and kissed the top of her head.