32

Just like he had before, Nyx kissed the tears that escaped Theia's lids. She wanted to cringe away, but she simply just tightened her grip on his thumb. She didn't understand how she could hate someone with her entire being, yet let them consume her entirely. Nyx had been in her thoughts since the night he came to the tavern, and still he plagues them. Just like any time his hands were on her, she let him fill her mind.

Even though his lips were repeatedly kissing away her tears, she imagined his face in her mind. As always, it was the cocky smirk that flooded her. His strong jaw, riddled with dark hairs, his prominent bowed lips and his straight nose. She thought of that same imprint between his dark brows that never seemed to leave when he looked at her- looked at her with the suffocating blue eyes that danced like pools of starlight.

"Let it out," he murmured against her temple. The vibration of his voice hummed through her veins. The way her body always reacted to him had her crying harder. She went to move her hand to her mouth to smother the sounds, but Nyx kept his grip tight. "Let it out," he repeated.

Her teeth ached with how hard she ground them. "I hate you," she whispered, swallowing the lump in her throat. He hummed, his lips brushing over her wild hairs around her face.

"I know, baby."

His nickname lit fire in her chest. She tried to tear her hand from his but he didn't let her. A chuckle rumbled in his chest. She blew out a sigh, glaring at the ceiling.

"Do you want a distraction, Theia?" Her eyes squinted, pulse quickening. Was he offering pleasure when he'd been making another female finish just before she'd arrived?

"Trying to get rid of the taste of her from your mouth?" Theia challenged, turning her head to face him. A mistake in every way; their noses brushed, breath mingling. He grinned at her, squeezing her hand.

"She didn't taste nearly as good as you do." Theia scoffed, ready to turn her face away. She was battered and broken anyway, there was no way she'd be able to be properly fucked. Nyx seemed read her mind because she felt him drag their hands down to the hem of the shirt she wore. Beneath, all she had was her underwear.

"You don't even need to move. I'll have those tense muscles relaxed in seconds," he purred, flicking his tongue against her bottom lip. She wanted to be disgusted, she wanted to burn every part of herself that he touched. She leaned her head in, their lips brushing.

"I don't want to use you," she whispered, feeling the blow of every word. It was true, she'd sooner die than be accused of using a male's body without their wanting.

"I told you to use me all you want. I'm good for it, everyone does," he murmured, eyes falling closed at the touch of their mouths.

"That doesn't feel right," Theia spoke, making his eyes open. His dark hair was already messy, no doubt at the touch of that female's hands. Theia frowned, wanting to touch the strands herself.

"I can make it feel perfectly right, Theia. You'd forget what happened, you'd forget their faces. All you'd be able to think about is me and what I'm doing to you," he explained, nudging her nose with his.

"I'm not taking from you when you don't want it."

Nyx responded by tightening his hold on her hand and bringing them both to himself. She gasped at the clothed hardness beneath her hand, the way he made her fingers grip him.

"I can assure you that I want it, Theia," he purred, pecking her lips. She shook her head, pulling her hand away. The movement burned the muscle in her shoulder.

"It's a natural bodily function. Even if you didn't want to, the thought of pleasing someone else will arouse you," she whispered. Nyx sighed as Theia turned her head back forward, eyes trained on the tongue and groove of the wooden ceiling.