28

"Let go of me, Nyx."

He didn't. His fingers dug into her jaw, his eyes boring into hers. Theia dug her nails in deeper, smiling to herself when she saw his eye twitch.

"What did you want so fucking badly that you crawled to some piece of shit trainee? I guarantee he didn't make you cum, Theia, so why did you stay?"

Her smile dropped. Theia glanced between his eyes, breathing growing rapid. She didn't want to admit it to him, he'd stay in her home forever if she spoke anything more. Theia pulled against his wrist with no success, eyes falling closed as she tried to catch her breath. His fingers softened against her jaw. She knew he leaned in by the way his spiced mint breath filled her senses.

"Why, Theia? Why'd you stay with a stranger who wanted to hurt you?"

"I didn't want to be alone," she whispered, squeezing her eyes shut tighter. It burned her throat to say it, and it ached more when she opened her eyes and saw Nyx's face. His eyes scanned her face, his lips parted as though he didn't expect her to say it.

"You don't have to be," he murmured, eyes falling to her lips. Her breath was ragged for a new reason now. She wanted to kiss him, wanted to know what her drunken self was able to taste. Theia blinked, shoving those thoughts away.

"I don't like you, Nyx," Theia breathed out, hating the way her body seemed to beg to be closer. She watched his tongue run across his bottom lip, his blue eyes flicking from her lips to his fingers.

"You can hate me just as well with my lips on your skin."

Theia stared at him, her hand loosening around his wrist. Mother, she wanted it. She knew he'd make her forget anything that plagued her mind. She knew well enough that he'd be the one to send her into oblivion. Theia wanted to speak, wanted to tell him to leave again. She couldn't; no words left her lips. The damned heir pulled her face closer, and she let him.

"Nyx," Theia whispered, tasting his breath. He was so close now, she could feel the phantom of his tongue on hers.

"Tell me to stop," he said, lips brushing hers. Theia swallowed, letting her eyes fall closed. She should tell him to stop. She didn't. Nyx made the decision on his own, and her heart felt as though it would break her ribs when his lips met hers.

She kissed him back immediately, moving to her knees and pulling him closer by his hair. Nyx groaned, flicking his tongue against her lip. Theia opened for him, moaning at the taste. His kiss felt so much more right than Felix's. His mouth was familiar, safe. Nyx's hand moved from her chin to the back of her head, tugging her hair to give himself a better angle.

"I'll be your distraction," he groaned against her teeth, one hand on the base of her spine to pull her closer. Theia shifted, never breaking their kiss, to wrap her legs around his waist. Nyx took the hint, pulling her flush against his body and lifting her as he rose to his feet.

"Help me forget," she nearly begged, threading her fingers into his hair. Nyx moaned, stumbling as he maneuvered through the house and into her bedroom. He laid her on the bed, kissing her desperately as he tugged the sleeves of her nightgown down her arms.

"Fuck, let me see you." Theia lifted her hips, letting him pull her nightgown down her body and drop it to the floor. Nyx straightened, his hands running up her waist to cup her breasts as he looked her over. She'd decided then that he hadn't fully taken her body in those times he undressed her.

"You, too," she murmured, biting down on her lip when he reached behind himself to unbutton the shirt he wore. He pulled it off with ease, beginning to lean down. Theia caught him with her knees, meeting his eyes. "Those, too."