50

Too long. It'd been far too long since Theia felt these hands on her skin, this tongue against her throat. She craved it, craved the way he'd murmur her name like he was thanking the divine for her. His mouth on hers, Nyx slid his hands to the buttons above her wings. Her chest ached with the lack of oxygen, but she'd gladly suffocate if it meant he'd lay her in the grave with another kiss.

Fingers itching to touch his skin, Theia brought her own hands between them and began tearing at the buttons of his jacket. She'd never hated having wings more than she did in this moment. She wanted to feel his skin so badly, she nearly tore his shirt in half. With a laugh against her mouth, Nyx stepped back and tugged his own shirt and jacket apart, letting them fall to the ground. As he stepped forward again, Theia placed her fingertips against his chest.

He stilled, waiting for her next move. Her eyes roamed his bare chest and stomach, breath quickening at the sculpted muscle littered with scars and ink. He was always so devastatingly beautiful, but Theia couldn't imagine him any better than now. Divine, other worldly beauty that had her mouth running dry. Hesitantly, Nyx's hands rose to his pants. Theia's eyes flicked to his, a thick swallow bobbing her throat as she gave him a nod.

She wanted to cry at the sound of him releasing a breath of relief, as though he thought she'd stop him. Never had Theia ever wanted him as badly as she did now. Her knees nearly gave out as he shoved his pants down and kicked off his boots. In fact, Theia stumbled backwards, the back of her thighs pressing to the bed.

He loved her drawing of his face so dearly, but she'd draw him like this. Nyx was the most beautiful creature she'd ever seen. Wings held tall, adding to the width of his massive shoulders. His body had been carved by the cruelest of gods. He'd been created as her weakness, she knew that now. As her eyes trailed over his chest, the tattoos there, the way his muscles flexed under her heavy gaze. Her eyes fell to the glorious length of him, her breath hitching before she let them fall to his thighs.

Her brows twitched, noting something she'd never seen before. He'd been naked around her plenty, but this was hidden somehow. Similar to the warrior markings on his shoulders and chest, there was black ink on his thighs. They were in a design that imitated the shape of the sacred mountain, Ramiel. As she peered closer, pushing off from the bed, the lines of the mountains were not lines at all. They were created by the shape of stars, some large, some small. The three largest were at the top of the mountain; the Blood Rite.

"Did you participate?" Theia asked through a breath, tearing her eyes from his thighs. Nyx stepped forward with a nod.

"I'm not as great as the warriors who trained me. Nearly froze to death when a group banded together and held me under the water. Made my way up the mountain but some fuckers got to the monolith first. Got this because my father has it, I wanted to be like him up until a few years ago, so I got his tattoo inked on me forever." he responded quickly, his voice low. He didn't want to talk, he wanted to feast. Theia placed those words into the back of her mind, eager to learn what he meant by them.

Instead of talking further, Theia let Nyx step in front of her and grasp the fabric of her dress. With the buttons undone above her wings, he easily tugged it down her body. Theia stepped out of the fabric. She couldn't breathe as he kneeled down, untying her boots. He kept her stare, a small grin stretching his lips as he pulled her boots off. Her pulse raced harder and quicker with each moment of his eyes on hers, not daring to move across her body.

She was grateful for that sense of privacy, though it made her feel guilty for getting her fill of his body a moment before. He was proud of his body, though she was not. That was the difference in their stares. He'd give her full view at any time, though she needed to reign in courage to let him stare. It was all there, now. She'd give him anything- everything.