Chapter 02

"..and the witch was forced to choose a side," Kate said as I started drifting off to sleep. "She needed to choose a side to win the war, and the werewolves tried to trick her. She didn't like that though, and chose the hunters, letting the werewolves drown in her vengeance..."

I woke up with a start, blinking away the sleep in my eyes as I looked at the unfamiliar room. I rubbed my eyes, sighing after yet another dream about Kate and got out of bed. I checked the time, finding myself awake earlier than usual, no doubt because of the nerves I had for the day ahead.

I got dressed and ready for school before heading downstairs into the kitchen, where a freshly made meal was resting on the counter.

"That one's for you," Victoria said behind me.

I turned to her, startled, before looking back to the meal. Kate had only made me breakfast when I couldn't do it myself, and the occasional celebration for when I'd done something good. It made seeing this, a home cooked meal made by someone else for me when I hadn't done anything outstanding, very strange.

Nevertheless I thanked Victoria and took the plate, heading to the dining area where I found Allison eating. She greeted me with a warm smile, and I was relieved when that was all. She seemed nice enough, and I was reassured knowing I'd have a semi-friend at school with me.

Once I'd finished my food, Chris led me to his car where Allison and I got in, because apparently he was driving us to school. Allison gave me a sympathetic glance in the car, no doubt noticing the anxious state I was in as we drove closer and closer to school.

"Nervous?" she asked.

I grimaced. "You have no idea."

"It'll be alright," Allison assured me. "The people at Beacon Hills are nice. Mostly."

I raised my eyebrow at her. "Mostly?"

She shrugged. "It's still a high school."

"Touché."

The rest of the drive was short and silent, and before I knew it Chris was parking in front of the school, glancing at me from his rear-view mirror.

"You okay?" he asked, likely because I looked like I was about to throw up.

I certainly felt like it.

Instead of saying that though, I just nodded, because I was afraid if I did open my mouth then I might've actually vomited.

I got out of the car and observed the school in front of me, feeling my heart hammering in my chest. It was... a school. Nice garden front, plenty of park spaces, and a giant building where the classes would be held. It did seem rather big, so I guess I was lucky on that front. It made avoiding people easier.

"Come on," Allison said, noticing my hesitance. "I'll help you find your locker."

I nodded my head, silently thanking whatever being let me meet Allision before school. I knew I would be clinging by her side the whole day and just hoped she wouldn't mind, and if she did, well, too bad for her.

We entered the foyer, and I was hit with a wave of queasiness as I saw how many people were there, just idling about. Bad side about having a big school; it meant more people. I followed Allison as she led me to the office where an old lady with glasses gave me my timetable and locker number, along with the combination.

Then we had to brave the crowds of students again as we travelled through the halls to get to my locker. I was forced to doge several sports balls flying around and at one point even a shoe that had been tossed in the air.