Chapter 32

"What is this?" Gerard demanded, holding his arm as more of the black liquid started escaping it. "What did you do?"

"Everyone said Gerard always had a plan," Scott said. "I had a plan too."

Scott looked at me, a thank you in his eyes. Thank you for trusting me, for helping this plan happen. I smiled at him. Thank you for letting me trust you. Scott gave me a nod before turning back to Gerard, who was holding his small pill case like it was filled with poison. I realised what he'd done just as Gerard did. He'd replaced Gerard's pills with mountain ash.

Gerard crushed the pills in his hand, a dark, glittering dust falling from his fist. "Mountain ash!"

The black liquid started gushing out of his wound quicker, as well as dripping out of his nose, ears, mouth, any place they could find. They were trying to rid the body of the infection, of the lycanthropy, by getting rid of the infected blood.

Isaac's hand went around my waist, holding me tightly to him as Gerard fell to his knees, throwing up the black liquid like a fountain, his body regurgitating as much as it could before he collapsed, body lifeless on the floor. I wasn't sure if he was dead or not and, honestly, I didn't want to know.

It was quiet in the room after Gerard collapsed, everyone unsure what to say before Derek spoke up. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because you might be an Alpha, but you're not mine."

At that moment Isaac pressed a quick kiss to my neck, thinking the danger was over. I turned to him, staring into his blue eyes.

"Isaac..." I started.

The werewolf just shook his head. "Later, please. I just want to be with you right now."

And, well- how could I say no to that? I let him put his head into the crook of my neck, holding him close as he stayed there, pressing his warm lips against my neck. I was about to say- I wasn't even sure what- when I noticed movement from the corner of my eye.

Gerard, it turned out, was not dead as he started crawling upright, away from the puddle of black liquid he'd created. He coughed up some more of the liquid as he tried to speak, spitting the gargled words out like more liquid.

"Kill them. Kill them all!"

Allison immediately tried to fight of the Kanima but again, she made more trouble than was worth with the Kanima throwing an aggravated Allison onto the floor. Its eyes found mine, eyeing the biggest threat in the room, but before it could do anything there was a loud crash as a car drove through the warehouse's walls and hit the Kanima full speed, causing the creature to drop and roll onto the floor.

I recognised the car as Stiles' jeep and saw Lydia and Stiles inside through the windscreen.

"Did I get him?" Stiles asked excitedly, nearly making me laugh.

He did get him, though unfortunately not enough to injure it as it jumped onto the front of the car, hissing at Lydia and Stiles. They scrambled out of the car, but while Stiles ran to the safety of Scott, Lydia stopped and turned to the Kanima, looking like lost baby sheep in a lion's den.

"Jackson?"

Stiles turned at the sound of Lydia's voice. He started running back to her but Derek stopped him, wrapping his arms around the boy. Stiles tried to fight him but in the end it was a werewolf against a human, and he was forced to watch as the Kanima raised its scaled arm, about to slash into Lydia's face, when she held something up.

The Kanima paused and I frowned, squinting to see what it was. It looked like a key. Slowly, some of Jackson's scales started to retreat from his body as his eyes flashed to his normal, icy blue colour. Slowly, Jackson lowered his raised hand, his other one coming up to slowly take the key from Lydia's grip, careful not to hurt her with his claws.