Reviewer Sri Nachiya (The ENDURLON)

'The Endurlon'

by secretdurham

Reviewed by srinachiya

Cover and Description:

The cover was way too simple making me feel it would have been better if there were more details on the cover. I liked how the cover was bright and vibrant. In fact, the font style was neat and clear but it would be better if some changes were made to make it unique. The title was really new to me and the concept was good according to me. 

Your description was brief with a mysterious vibe, which must make the readers jump into the story. However, I feel that more details should be included because the description needs to give an outline or idea to the readers. In that department, your blurb/description was blander than the recommended quantity. So, I genuinely feel that your description needs improvement. Another notable point is the way you named the chapters which is nice and refreshing.

Plot Development:

According to me, the introduction was amazing and your way of describing it was pretty awesome. Your writing skills are good enough. The tiny descriptions of each thing were really nice. The way you used the words was appreciably professional. The plot was highly fantastic and a unique one. It's a really interesting plot and it's so different. I love how the plot and storyline are moving and still, there are chapters to come. I am expecting there will be the same or a greater twist and version of the plot in the chapters to come.

I will patiently wait for the further chapters due to the high expectations I have with the book. But the readers would really appreciate it if you could mention the dates you will update-like two times a week or once a week. I feel these things will make readers curiously wait on those days and will make them check out the chapters and catch up with them. It would be so good if you had an author's note and these things mentioned in it because it would help the readers and you to connect at an elevated level.

Character Development and Grammar:

As per character development is concerned, I felt characters should be described more as there was a lack of character description and their emotions. I feel it blocked the readers from imagining the story in a complete and satisfactory manner. But the way of writing and delivering the words is beautiful.

In terms of grammar, it needs editing. There are mistakes here and there. The inter-word spacing was the most important point because I noticed it lacking in most places. I highly recommend running the chapters-posted and future posts-through an editing application before posting.

Final View:

The most important thing I wish you would do is to keep writing and updating. You will keep improving gradually because your way of writing and delivering words is perfect. So, the remaining details can be improved when you write and edit often. Please continue writing regularly and finish your amazing work. What I appreciated the most was the way you bring the mystery into the story. You make the readers curious about the next chapter, making the plot of your story even more attractive.

To sum it up- a good plot with a little bit of room for improvement here and there.

RUBRIC FOR JUDGEMENT: -

Way of writing / plot development: 35/40

Character development: 15/20

Grammar: 6/10

Cover and description: 7/ 10

How engaging it was: 9/ 10

Others: 7/10

Total: 79 / 100

***Please take the criticism in a positive manner***

~SRI NACHIYA (REVIEWER)

~THE BOOK CAFE