Reviewer Assie (Ruin or Salvation)

Book: Ruin Or Salvation

Author: Aamylah03

Reviewer: NotAnAsterism

Presentation: 4/10

The title is alright but when it comes to the cover, it is pretty basic. Similarly, the blurb is too short to give the readers a will and want to read.

Grammar And Vocabulary: 16.5/20

The grammar is totally fine; however, it'd be much more preferable if you used accurate words to describe certain instances. Moreover, the short length of the paragraphs is restricting you from pouring out more words. I'd suggest you increase the length of the paragraphs, making it an effortless read. This would increase the overall appeal of the book. By making the chapters longer, the readers feel more attracted and attached to the characters and plot of the book.

Character Development: 11/15

The development of characters seems to be an issue. I wouldn't say a major one but more of an important one. I'd suggest you to write the book from either the first or third person's view instead of the second person's view. As soon as you start making such little changes, I'm sure your characters' personalities would start showing up more. That would enhance the reader base of your book.

Plot originality: 6/10

It did seem like a cliché all along the first few chapters. However, as one moves forward, the plot keeps getting better. A few changes mentioned above need to be made to help the book's plot bloom better.

Plot Development: 10/15

The length of paragraph(s) affects the descriptions and basic idea of backgrounds when it comes to the characters or the whole scenario. The only way that can be overcome is by letting your words flow out without any filter. By doing so, the consistency of the book will increase positively and your plot, characters and descriptive scenarios will show up in an impressive manner.

Reader Enjoyment: 5/10

As a reader, I did enjoy the idea behind the book's plot. But it is the errors that are making the book have inconsistencies. One major change that you should definitely make is changing the point of view. It'd help the story evolve better.

TOTAL: 52.5/80

***Please take the criticism in a positive manner***

~ASSIE(REVIEWER)

~THE BOOK CAFE