Reviewer Assie (SHAMANS OF THE DARK)

Book: Shamans Of The Dark

Author: EstateCrudele

Reviewer: NotAnAsterism

Presentation: 10/10

The presentation doesn't require any changes and the blurb fits well along with the title.

Grammar And Vocabulary: 18/20

The grammar and vocabulary are okay. There aren't many changes required however I suggest you take a look through and correct the punctuations where it's required. It isn't noticeable but it would be ideal of you to do so. Moreover, there is a lack of consistency when it comes to the descriptions. They are well crafted and written but it would be better if you wrote a paragraph or two without gaps or frequent pauses. That makes the story a bit tiring to read.

Character Development: 14/15

Iris and Kaleb are the two characters I focused on the most. The changes in Iris are quite observable and so is the character development in Kaleb's character. The only thing that's obstructive here is the inconsistency of the descriptions and dialogues. Try to keep the descriptions and the dialogues balanced. It'd be better if there isn't excess of description as well as excess of dialogues.

Plot originality: 10/10

The whole idea behind shamans and their powers is exhilarating. It is one of the most existing and equally detailed plot bases that I've come across in a while.

Plot Development: 12/15

The inconsistency between the descriptions is resulting in the delay of plot development. The lack of it is causing the characters to hold back their personalities. As I've stated previously, working on the descriptions and the pauses will make your book worthwhile.

Reader Enjoyment: 9/10

From a reader's point of view, I enjoyed reading your book. Just looking into the feedback(s) above will make it much more enjoyable.

TOTAL: 73/80

***Please take the criticism in a positive manner***

~ASSIE(REVIEWER)

~THE BOOK CAFE