Chapter 4: First Impressions Are Important!

After setting off on your journey to the Dwarf city, Dwargon, you and Rimuru along with your newly evolved friends followed the Ameld River north to continue your search for artisans who can make new clothing and better homes for all of you who were staying at the goblin village. Accompanied by Rigur, and two other goblins, and Gobta who claimed he'd been to the city before and would act as their guide, you ran alongside the Tempest Wolves at high speeds as you crossed through the various landscapes of the vast forest. While running next to Ranga, you felt that this speed you were all going at was good consistent rate to be moving at, but your friend Rimuru felt like this was being a little too harsh on the Tempest Wolves.

"Hey, no need to push yourself too hard." Rimuru felt the need to remind Ranga that he could run at a pace he felt comfortable at.

"Yes, Master!" Ranga responded, but it seemed he received the wrong message as you were surprised when he went even faster and sped ahead of the group.

"UUUWWAAAHHHH!!! Why are you going even faster!?" Rimuru screamed out in shock as you all ran faster to catch up with Ranga.

After seeing that sometime had passed during the day and the sun of this world began to set, it was decided that you would take a break to camp out for the night and continue the journey in the morning. You were next to the river taking in sips of water to replenish your hydration whilst the others took their breaks as well.

"Fwuah!" You exhaled in bliss after a nice refreshing drink of water as you turned around and walked over to Rimuru and Rigur. "Nothing like a cool drink of water to relax the body." You stretched out your body before laying down on the ground comfortably. "What are you two up to?" You asked with your eyes closed as you tried to prep yourself for a nap.

"Nothing much." Rimuru said before turning to the goblin next to him. "Rigur-kun, who gave your brother his name?" He asked as Rigur turned to him with excitement.

"Sir! I'm told he received his name from a passing Demon called Lord Gelmud. He saw promise in him.

"A demon?" You asked as you opened one eye with your interest piqued.

"Gel...?" Rimuru formed a question mark over his head as he didn't really catch how to say the demon's name.

"Gelmud. He's an officer in the Demon Lord's army." Rigur said as this furthermore piqued your interest as your eyes opened fully, but you weren't sure how to feel about this.

"Demon Lord army? That doesn't sound too exciting to go up against..." You said as Rimuru nodded in agreement with you.

"Why not? It sounds like a wonderful way to pass time." You heard someone reply to you.

"Huh? Rimuru, you really wanna go play around with a Demon Lord?" You asked as he looked at you in confusion.

"Huh? I didn't say anything like that." Rimuru replied as you raised your head to him.

"Hm? Then...Was that you, Rigur?" You asked as the young hobgoblin shook his head. "Eh? Then who said it?" You wondered in confusion of who you heard.

"I did." A voice replied in your head as this crept you out and sent a shiver down to your tail.

"EH?! DID SOMEONE JUST SAY SOMETHING IN MY HEAD!?" You looked around frantically, trying to debunk this worrying assumption before leaning down to Rimuru. "H-Hey, did you use Thought Communication with me?" You whispered as he formed a question mark on his head.

"N-No...What's wrong? Did you hear something in your head?" Rimuru asked as you felt even more nervous.

"Y-Yeah...But I don't sense any other monsters or creatures near us. You're the only one I use Thought Communication with, so that's why I'm confused--!" You were trying to explain to Rimuru what you were talking about, but the voice once again spoke up.