Chapter 9: The Forest Begins to Move

A/N: Alright, this is gonna be the last chapter for a few days, I've been pumping out chapters for this book like crazy and I don't wanna get burnt out of it. If you're looking for something to read, check out my new Gundam book, I'm planning to release a few chapters for that story before I switch back over to this one. I hope you guys enjoyed these rapid fire chapters, I'll see you when I come back to this story. Take care! Bye!

Tonight was a VERY important night, and it's because of what you probably are thinking of right now. No, it's not about the great progress of the construction of the village, and it's not about welcoming the new guests, the Ogres, into the village. No...It was something that put every single villager on edge as the newly hung lights shined above the village while everyone was gathered outside in nervous sweats. All the villagers were completely nervous as they stood around and in front of you and Rimuru, and even you were in a cold sweat as you looked at your friend who was in his humanoid form and sat on a bench the villagers prepared for him. Rimuru looked at something on a table with great intent as he reached his hand out and picked something up. You gulped down a breath in worry as beads of sweat were running down your face and you watched him pick up a Bulldeer Skewer that was prepared by the best hobgoblin chef in the village. Both you and the chef watched as if time was moving at a painstakingly slow place as Rimuru raised the skewer to his mouth and took a bite, chewing on the cooked meat while deep in thought. Suddenly though, Rimuru hunched over with a shocked groan, shocking everyone with worry as you held the chew in fear and he held you as well in terror of the possible outcome.

"G-Great Rimuru?" Rigurd tried calling out in a nervous tone.

"Is it not to your tastes?" Rigur asked as he was scared they just served something terrible to one of their leaders.

"M-mmmmmm-mmmmm...." Rimuru was trembling and shaking his words before his face lit up like one of those cute anime girls you remember from your world and he displayed an absolutely blissful and joyful smile. "That's so good!" He yelled at the top of his lungs.

"HE LIKES IT!!!" You yelled as you picked up the chef in congratulations and everyone in the crowd roared in cheers.

You set down the chef as he received many pats on the back and praises from the others, especially from Rigurd who was very proud of him, and you walked over to your buddy and sat down on the ground next to him.

"Well? How's it feel to finally taste something?" You asked with an amused grin as you picked up a skewer from the plate with your tail and took a bite, humming at the amazing taste.

"This is bliss! I didn't have a sense of taste in my slime form." Rimuru said as he happily took another skewer and ate it at a nice pace, savoring its flavor as a pink hue covered his cheeks a little. "This is the first time I've tasted food since I came to this world. Ahhhh~! It's so great to be alive!" He communicated those last thoughts with you through Thought Communication as you enjoyed the sight of him going crazy over food.

"Well, I guess I can't say I'm surprised. I was able to taste things since I was born, so I'm used to some of the flavors of this world. But still, you can't beat a nice homecooked meal made from love." You said as you swallowed two more skewers before putting the empty skewer sticks down on an empty plate and a thought came to mind. "Oh, right. Why don't you tackle this now?" You said as Rimuru looked at you in confusion, before stars filled his eyes when you handed him a nice, cool, alcoholic drink.

"OHHHHHH!!! Thanks, Y/N!" Rimuru said as he took the mug from you and you held yours up with your tail.

"CHEERS!!!!" You two yelled as you both took a swig of your drinks for a few seconds before releasing your mouths from the mugs and slamming them down on the table. "THAT HIT THE SPOT~!" You both said in bliss as Rimuru wrapped an arm around you and you two were dying laughing, just like the old times when you went out for drinks in your world.