Chapter 11: The Battle in the Marshlands

"Rimuru Tempest, ruler of monsters. Y/N Tempest, last remaining child of the Great Malenia and sole survivor of the Gojira race." Treyni suddenly spoke the name of your mother as you were shocked by her knowing who you were. "I would like you two to defeat the Orc Lord." She spoke her wish as you were all surprised by her request from you two.

"...Huh?" All those who heard what she said were all unsure if what they heard was true as they turned towards you and you were nervously sweating bullets.

"Last remaining child of the Great Malenia?" Benimaru repeated what he heard.

"Sole survivor...of the Gojira...?" Rigurd said in a shaky tone.

"H-Huh? W-W-W-What do you mean? I-I-I-I'm just an ordinary lizard...mhmm........." You said while trying your best to whistle and avoid their gazes, but all came out your lips were strange noises of air as you tried harder to whistle.

"HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH?!?!??!?!?!?!!" Everyone except Rimuru and Treyni erupted in shocked screams.

"G-G-Great Y/N! You're the c-c-c-child of Almigh...ty...?" Rigurd couldn't handle it anymore as he fainted into his chair and fell over.

"Rigurd?!" Rimuru yelled in concern of the spinning look in Rigurd's eyes.

"Hey! Why would you just suddenly let everyone know my secret?! If you knew who I was, you'd have known I've been trying to keep it a secret just now!" You complained as Rimuru was trying to fan Rigurd with his hand to wake him back up.

"Ara~? How careless of me. Tehe~?" Treyni said while gently knocking herself on the head and playfully sticking out her tongue.

"You...!" You were in shambles of how carefree her attitude was towards the situation.

"It's an honor to be in your presence, Almighty one..." You turned around in shock when you saw all the Kijin bowing their heads before you while on their knees.

"Stop! Please, stop! It's embarrassing seeing my friends doing this!" You said while waving your claws and tail around frantically with a huge blush of embarrassment on your face. "This was the last thing I wanted, and because I knew that something like this would happen if everyone found out my real identity, I tried to pass it off that I was a regular lizard. I just wanted to be friends with everyone normally..." You said to them you felt nervous now being around them.

"My Lord..." Mai looked at you with concern before floating over and pressing her head gently against yours.

"Mai?" You looked at her with wonder as she nuzzled against you.

"It doesn't matter if my Lord is a regular lizard or a legendary monster...my Lord is the one who let me call this place home, and I shall look at him no different, just as he wishes." Mai said as you were surprised by her words, but smiled as you nuzzled her back.

"Thank you...Mai." You said as everyone's over reactions seemed to stop and they realized that maybe they were going too far.

"Well, it's not like we weren't loyal to him already. I guess the only thing that changes now is that we know his real species." Benimaru said as he and everyone else calmed down.

"Yes, there's no need to change how we've already interacted with one another." You heard as Shuna gently stroked your head.

"Thank you, everyone. But, just for now and until I'm ready to tell everyone else, can we still keep this a secret?" You asked as everyone in the room nodded to keep their word about this information a secret. "Thank you." You said once more as Shuna and Mai ushered you back to your spot next to Rimuru.

After the commotion finally managed to calm down, everyone stood around Treyni who was the first initial person everyone was stirred up about due to her sudden arrival. You and Rimuru stood before her as she floated off the table and stood in front of you two as well and Rimuru had to recall what you two had just been asked to do.