Chapter 10: Incoming Threat

After having a heart to heart talk with the Ogres who have now evolved into a higher species called 'Kijin', Benimaru and the last of his kind now live comfortably alongside all of you in the village. A few days have passed, but the infrastructure of the village has come a long way as well now that there are actually built homes with walls, roofs, windows, all the luxuries that no one in the village had before. Though there was still much more work to be done like paving out and creating proper roads, creating more buildings for other uses besides homes, and increasing the volume and quality of food now that the village has become so flourishing, things were still looked as if it could only go up and up from this point. You were taking a walk through one of the streets after just coming back from visiting Shizu's grave, and on your way, ahead of you were the three dwarf brothers who were out for a walk it seemed as well.

"Oh, hey there!" You called out as the three dwarf brothers turned around.

"Great Y/N! Out for a walk?" Garm asked as you walked up to them.

"Mhmm. I was on my way to see how Shuna and Mai are doing since they've been working together recently." You said to them.

"Really? So were we. Care to join us?" Dord asked as you nodded to them in agreement.

After linking up with the dwarf brothers who coincidentally had the same idea as you, the four of you walked over to the small building that was set up to create special linen, cloth, fabrics and other materials that could be used for clothes and other things. Sliding the door open, Dord was the first to step inside where he saw the whole shop was set up nicely and organized with shelves lining different rolls of fabrics.

"Shuna, Mai! How are things?" Garm spoke up as he and the rest of you entered the building.

"Hm? Oh! Garm, Dord and Myrd! Hello!" Shuna said as she turned around from the weaving loom she was working on, but was surprised when you walked in. "Oh! Great Y/N! You came to visit?" Shuna said with joy as she put down her weaving tools and got up from her seat to greet you.

"No need to stop working, I just wanted to check on you and Mai." You said as you heard the sound of wings flapping and looked over to see Mai come out from a storage closet with a basket of silk.

"My Lord, you're back, it pleases me to see you here just for us." Mai said as she floated over while Shuna walked up to you.

"Thank you for letting the two of us work together. The different amount of silks and fabrics the two of us have been able to make are amazing." Shuna said as she gently held your head in her arms and stroked your head gently.

"Oh, I just thought that it would be a good idea since you seemed to be good with things like this, and Mai can provide you special silk along with others that she knows where to get from. How have you been feeling about this, Mai?" You asked your loyal aid as she set down the basket she was carrying and floated over.

"Yes, I also am grateful to be working with such an amazing person as Princess Shuna." Mai said as she floated over towards you both. "Although she does seem to like my silk in particular..." She giggled as Shuna looked over to Mia.

"I'm sorry for asking you to produce so much from yourself, but it truly is something special that I could have only ever dreamed of working with." Shuna apologized as Mai shook her head.

"I'm happy that others in the village can find some use of me besides my Lord. Let's continue to get along well, Princess Shuna." Mai said as as the two of them share innocent and happy looks towards one another.

"Hehe! This stuff sure is nice." Garm said as he had pulled out and unrolled a little bit of some silk cloth.

"So this is silk cloth, Shuna?" Dord asked as you all looked over to the brothers who were admiring Shuna and Mai's work.