Chapter 32: Dead Man's Act

Walpurgis

After such a shocking and disgusting arrival from Clayman as he abused Milim who strangely allowed him to do so without retaliation, all the Demon Lords were finally present and accounted for as it was time to begin the meeting. The Demon Lords sat in their respective seats as Mizeri's fellow maid, Rain, spoke up to confirm the attendance of all Demon Lords.

"I will now introduce the participants. Demon, the Lord of Darkness: Guy Crimson." Rain introduced the first and head of the Demon Lords. "Pixie, the Labyrinth: Ramiris." She introduced the small Demon Lord as she had finished quickly yawning before floating up proudly with a smug smile on her face. "Dragonoid, the Destroyer: Milim Nava." She introduced your bestie as she remained silent like a doll. "Giant, the Earthquake: Daggrull." Rain gestured to the largest man in the room as he sat with his arms crossed and wore a stoic face. "Vampire, the Bloody Lord: Roy Valentine." She introduced the vampire Demon Lord as he and his subordinates sat still like a deceased person. "Fallen, the Sleeping Ruler: Deeno." She introduced the Demon Lord who arrived just on his own as he raised his head from the table briefly before lowering it back down to sleep. "Harpy, the Sky Queen: Frey." She introduced the beautiful Demon Lord as she nodded in acknowledgement. "Deathman, the Marrionette Master: Clayman." Rain called role on the smug and sly Clayman as he sat in his chair petting the small glowing fox creature in his arms. "Demonoid, the Platinum Saber: Leon Cromwell." She introduced the long blonde man as he kept to himself. "Finally, Slime...The Leader of the Jura Tempest Federation, Rimuru Tempest." Rimuru's name was called as he was recognized by the Demon Lords now. "This concludes the introductions." Rain said as she stepped back and stood guard next to Mizeri and Clayman rose from his seat while setting down his fox pet on the table.

"I truly thank you all for responding to my summons. Now, let us begin our banquet. I hereby declare the commencement of the Demon Lord's banquet, Walpurgis." Clayman put on a dramatic display as no one had any reaction or emotion appear on their face from his words, though Rimuru did glare towards him in anger as a Gojira fang stuck out from his upper lip.

After Clayman made such a dramatic entrance and spoke up to try and be the lead star of this banquet, Rimuru had to sit through minutes that felt like hours as Clayman gave a long and blabbering speech to the other Demon Lords to talk about the recent events that had occurred prior to Walpurgis. The summary of his unnecessarily long speech was the Demon Lord Carrion had tempted the two of you to declare yourselves Demon Lords.

"Carrion's forces are currently in Tempest! That is the proof!" Clayman said in dramatic fashion as he looked around to see the reactions of everyone, but no one seemed to show any real care in his case as he chose to stick through to the end. "What's more, Carrion instigated the Kingdom of Falmuth, leading them to invade the Great Forest of Jura. Then he offered to cooperate with our people in order to fight them off, and caused harm to the humans. Then, after defeating the Kingdom of Falmuth, he declared himself a Demon Lord while abandoning his long-time partner, and Carrion gave him his backing." Clayman explained as this story lined up with what Rimuru and all of your forces assumed he would go with thanks to the misinformation he received, but this story still angered Shion and Ranga who were stood behid Rimuru. "Such self-serving behavior violates the pact made by the Demon Lords." Clayman said as he stopped pacing to look down on Rimuru as the Demon Lord slime glared back at him with a pulsing blue left eye. "And in this way, my subordinate, Mjurran, who gathered this information for me..." He suddenly put on a victimized voice as he stood in a distraught stance like he had gone through a terrible loss. "...was killed bbby this fool who calls himself Rimuru!" He yelled in a fake pained voice as he put his hand to his face while trembling to sell the act further. "This is why I made up my mind to take vengeance." He said as Rimuru stared at him with a bored look on his face.