Chapter 7: Farewell, Friend

A/N: Hey guys, been a minute since I last got a chapter. Sorry, I've been pumping out chapters for my new story I'm working on, 'The Curse of Gundams (Gundam: Witch From Mercury x Male Reader)' feel free to check it out, I really like working on that book as well and feel it's one of my better works recently. I'm gonna be hopping back over to this story now though, so hopefully I cant get another chapter out soon for you guys who are reading. Thanks for all your support, I hope you enjoy this chapter. Bye!

After the long battle against Ifrit and trying to free Shizu from his control, the fight ended in a dramatic and definite victory for you and Rimuru. Though after claiming victory, your body had succumbed to the overuse of your magicules and caused you to collapse into a slumber. Even though your body was forcing you to rest, your mind was still in turmoil as you tried to wake up with great worries about what happened to Shizu. You were surrounded in the void space of your mind as the dim sparkles of magicules shined like a vast ocean of stars. Whilst looking for a way out of your mind, a voice spoke up.

"It's useless trying to wake up. Your body forced itself to sleep so that it could save what little magicules you had left. That was a reckless thing for you to do." Malenia's voice spoke in a serious tone as she stood behind you.

"Shut up. There's was nothing else I could do." You said while walking off in a different direction as she followed you into the void.

"Why go so far for someone you didn't know? I can't wrap my head around your decisions some times." Malenia said as you were growing irritated.

"Even if I didn't know her for long, she's an important person I care about. After all she's been through, I can't stand it to watch her suffer anymore. I need to wake up so I can help her. If you're my mother why won't you help me?!" You roared as your eyes glowed bright red and you turned around to your mother with an angered look on your face.

Your mother stood there with a stoic look on her face as she watcher her own child glare at her with great rage. Though that angered look on your face soon changed to one of confusion when you saw your mother lower her head and a sad look fall upon her face. After saying such things to you and seeing your reaction, Malenia's heart filled with an aching feeling as the rageful look on your face was not something she ever wanted to have directed at her. 

"I'm sorry..." Your mother apologized as tears welled in her eyes, almost falling down her face. "I still don't understand the relationships you two create...I still don't know what I'm supposed to do as a mother either..." Malenia said with a sad tone as you were also feeling guilty for how you snapped at her. "In all my years I never had a child, and for most of my life I spent my time isolated from the world and all its creatures. I've lived for almost a millennia, yet I don't have the basic knowledge that a mother should have when caring for their child." She began to cry as the world in your mind began to grow dim and dark.

Malenia slowly began to walk towards you as you turned your head away with guilt, feeling horrible for directing your anger at her when you're normally such a gentle and caring being. Your mother's hand gently took hold of your head as she turned you back towards her and hugged you closely while resting her head on top of yours. Feeling her sadness and the tears from her eyes land on your head, you just nuzzled into her as tears also fell down your eyes.

"I'm sorry...I just..." You didn't know what to say to her, but your mother just shook her head as she smiled and made you look her eye to eye.

"No, I was too blunt and insensitive to your feelings that I couldn't understand. But I won't stay ignorant to your feelings any longer." She said as she wiped both her tears and yours away as she gave you a determined look. "I'll do my best to support you from this point on. Whatever I can do for you, I'll do my best." She said before kissing the top of your head as she easily washed these negative feelings you two had away.