Chapter 19: Paradise In Dwargon

After attending a royal audience with Gazel and exchanging the usual formalities between leaders of two nations, you reconvened to a personal space that Gazel fancied himself for privacy. You and Rimuru were sat across from Gazel with a small table in between your side and Gazel's as Shion stood behind you both and Dorf behind his King. 

"We have to start by thank you. Thanks for pardoning the crimes of Kaijin and the others." Rimuru said in gratitude of the choices Gazel made for Kaijin and his friends.

"Exiling them was the best option to keep my other ministers satisfied." Gazel admitted as you two were taken aback by this reveal.

"You were intending to let 'em off the hook the whole time?" You said in surprise.

"I also saw no merit in allowing strange beings like you two run free in my kingdom." Gazel said as this made you both a bit bashful with awkwardness.

"Ehehe..." Rimuru nervously chuckled while you avoided eye contact for that moment with a sweat drop on your face.

"That said, it broke my heart to let Kaijin, Garm, and the others go." Gazel admitted his feelings on losing some of his best men.

"But thanks to Garm, we have armor now, and Dord and Myrd have been a huge help with construction projects. Plus, Kaijin takes care of all kinds of things that are beyond our abilities, so we're managing to get by as a group." Rimuru sang the praises of how helpful he Dwarfs you two acquired were for your home.

"I thought they would be better off in an environment where they could make use of their talents freely, rather than living in obscurity here." Gazel said with a tap on his thigh as he looked at you two with wonder. "What of Vesta? Is he not with you?" Gazel asked of the whereabouts of his former minister as you two looked a bit perplexed.

"To be honest, we asked him if he wanted to accompany us, but..." You trailed off as Rimuru spoke in a different tone.

"I appreciate it, but I can't bring myself to face King Gazel until I produce results." Rimuru imitated Vesta.

"...Were his words when we went to visit him." You shrugged your shoulders as this amused Gazel.

"Hahaha. That's Vesta all over." Gazel laughed as he remembered well what Vesta would be like as he crossed his arms. "I suppose that means he's found a place where he can exercise his talents to their fullest. Hahahaha." Gazel laughed for a few moments before his expression turned serious as he looked at you two sternly. "Now, Rimuru, Y/N...There's something I must ask you." He said as you two were surprised by his sudden tone shift. 

"Yeah. That's why we're here, too." Rimuru responded for you both as you looked at attention yourself to hear what Gazel had to say.

"What were the high-output magical weapons you used to defeat Charybdis?" Gazel asked as you choked down a breath of air nervously while Rimuru wore an awkward smile. "I hear they were unprecedented forces that surpassed all tactical magic." Gazel said as Rimuru began to explain nervously.

"Actually, that was...the Demon Lord Milim's power. And the other one was Y/N himself." Rimuru said the honest truth as you raised your hand in admission.

"Demon Lord Milim? And Y/N?" Gazel said in confusion.

"You made a joke about that before, as well." Dorf sighed in remembering hearing that explanation before as well.

"It's not a joke, actually." Rimuru said with a pleading smile.

"I'm sorry, but I cannot believe you. That little girl and the giant creature..." Dorf trailed off as he remembered both the beings that were responsible for the defeat of Charybdis.