A new adventure

*A few days later*

Today we had the day off, Pablo had gone to do something with Pedri for the whole day. 'Are we going to do something?" asks Leyla. 'Yes I just have to answer 1 mail'

Dear Y/n,
A new season of The Masked Singer is coming up and we would love to have you in it. We made sure the taping was during the stop of footbal so you wouldn't miss practice. Will you let us know if you join?
Regards
The Masked Singer team

Shocked, I look up. "What is it? Before I could put the email away, Leyla was standing next to me. 'The Masked singer! Are you going to join? That's mom's favorite program!' Sighing I look back at the mail. 'I don't know Leyla, that's back in Belgium' 'Yes but it says it's at the stop of footbal, that's good isn't it?' 'I don't know Leyla' 'I think you should do it, for Mum. She would love that, and it's a new adventure' 'Okay, if I do it we'll go to Dad's tomorrow together okay?' I see the doubt in her eyes but she nods yes anyway. We haven't seen dad since that night, it's about time we had another talk. 'Promise not to tell anyone, not even Pablo' 'What excuse are you going to use that you are going to Belgium?' 'Uh I'll think of something' She nods.

Dear,
I am very happy that you are giving me this opportunity and that is why I am taking it. I would love to participate in The Masked Singer.
Y/n

I close my computer and walk toward the seat where Leyla is sitting. 'What do you want to do?' I ask her. 'Discover Barcelona' I nod and put on my shoes. I follow Leyla through the streets until we come to a cozy little store.

*The Next Day*

The last training is done, now we have a break of about 2 months. They do expect us to still be healthy and fit after the break. The three of us are on our way to my parents' house. "Are you stressed?" I ask Leyla. She nods. Pablo puts his hand on my thigh because secretly I have some stress too after everything that happened last time.

'Come in' says my mother as she opens the door. We walk into the living room where my father is sitting in the couch. When he sees us he gets up quickly. 'I'm sorry Leyla' He wants to give her a hug but she steps back. 'Why did you act like that' I ask. 'I'm just scared of what's coming, you all see things on TV that they get beat up. I don't want that to happen to Leyla again' I nod. I understand somewhere but the fact that he didn't say that directly is not so nice. 'I get it' says Leyla. She walks over to him and gives him a hug. 'Sorry Leyla' he mumbles.

'Your food is really good' Pablo compliments my mother. She smiles kindly at him. 'I have to tell you guys something' I finally say. They all look at me curiously except Leyla because she knows what I will say. 'Now that we have a break from soccer I have decided to leave on a trip with no contact with the outside world. I just want to be alone for a while because of everything that happened' They all look at me shocked. 'Alone you mean?" my mother asks. I nod and look at Pablo. 'You don't have to look at me Y/n, I support you in everything you do even though I'm going to miss you very much' he says. I look at him happily but secretly I think it's very stupid to lie to my family, of course I'm not going to travel. I am participating in The Masked Singer but they must not know that, that is why I said I would not have contact with the outside world. That way they wouldn't send me messages every day to ask how things are going there. 'Have fun' Leyla says with a wink. 'Thank you' I smile at her. 'When are you leaving?' my father asks. 'Monday' Pablo chokes on his food. 'Monday? That's the day after tomorrow!' 'Sorry' I mutter. 'And when will you be back then?' 'I don't know yet' I mutter again. I feel so stupid, missing Pablo and my family. Why did I ever commit?

'Have fun on your trip' my mom says to me as I walk out the door. 'Thank you' I give everyone another hug and then get into the car with Pablo. 'I'm going to miss you' he mumbles. 'Me too Pablo but before you know it I'll be back' He nods.

'Come lay with me, the day after tomorrow you'll be gone and I'll have to miss you for an unknown time' he says as we crawl into bed. 'I'll be back before footbal starts' 'That's a long time' 'You just make sure you don't lose your skills' 'Of course not' I lay my head on his chest and close my eyes. 'I love you Pablo' 'I love you more' 'Not' 'Well' 'Not' 'Well' 'Just as much' 'Okay just as much' After a while I fall asleep in his arms.

*Monday*

Pablo and I are in the car on our way to the airport. I don't have that much stuff with me because I can still buy clothes in Belgium. Pablo drives into the parking lot and we get out. 'You don't have to come in with me' 'Sure?' 'Yes' 'Then here's the goodbye I guess' I nod and give him a hug. 'I'm going to miss you so fucking hard' he mumbles. 'Me too' I give him another kiss and pack my suitcase. 'I love you' 'I love you too' I turn and walk towards the entrance. The reason I didn't want him to go in with me was because I didn't want him to see me leave for Belgium. I never thought I would ever join a program to sing again.