Chapter 1

"Probably that building is the admission block."

I mutter it to myself, looking at the university map on my phone that was in one hand and my essential documents in another.

As I move towards the building, still look at the map, like every other dumb person.

I collapse into someone and my documents and phone, fall.

"Are you High on drugs this early morning? My notes got scattered everywhere."

Someone says in a harsh tone.

"I am sorry," I say looking at the white pages scattered everywhere.

"Give me my notes first and then do the drugs you were doing." He says extending his hands towards me while I sat down to take my documents.

I haven't seen him till now, but he makes me look at him now. And I decide to fight back but when I look at him I am out of words.
He is so handsome Like the man you only see in some fictional novels. I get lost in his looks for a few seconds and then immediately start picking up the pages from the ground.

He sits down too and picks up some pages before I could stand up.

I pick up the remaining and leave him standing there.

I can tell he is looking at me. But I don't look back at him again and I don't want to because that's not the reason why I am here.

I look at my watch and my interview just going to start in the next 5 minutes so I run towards the building.

This is one of the well-known universities of meshceter, it's called "Mountain Oak Univeristy". I don't know the science behind its name.

But all I know is the fact that only two types of students can enter this university.
One with the brain.
And others with money.

I applied for a scholarship and stood first among 7000 other students. But, I am a little cerophobia type of person. I believe if I am happy that means something bad is going to happen.

"Delilah"

Someone calls my name.
I stand up to enter the office.
I make sure I have documents in my hands and I haven't missed anything outside.

I enter the room, an aged man of about 60 years is sitting on the chair and table and the entire room is empty with no other creature present there.

This man scares me is the first thought that enters my mind.

I say hello and Sit down.

He asks me some Basic questions like my first name and the last. And then he asks for my documents.

I smile and handover him my documents.

The smile is my gesture to hide my nervousness.

He looks at documents and then looks at me.

He takes his glasses present on the table in front of him and wears them by keeping them on the tip of his nose.

He is hypermetropia, my neurons tell me. I am not a science student but this is how my mind works. It tells the useless things at the time I don't need it.

The person looks at documents and turns the pages, looks at me. I wait for him to say something.

"These are your documents are you sure?" He asks politely

"I think I am." I show my all nervousness now.

"But, young lady, these are notes from the English literature department." He throws the notes on the table.