Chapter 11

ABRAHAM WALTON

I just had dinner with my brother, and he kept talking about our childhood memories, that I don't want to remember. He was old enough when mom left, He has spent a lot of time with mom but, me? I didn't. Probably, I am the unwanted kid of this family, that's why they are trying to keep me away from Mafia and I won't let that happen.

I am standing on the balcony of my room, my hands are resting on the railing and I have a cup of coffee in my left hand.

All I see is the darkness in front of me, But, I can clearly hear the sound of the ocean, the sound of waves and the cool breeze, all my favorite things but still nothing seems to calm my soul, the chaos inside me is getting out of my control, the thirst of power is making me go crazy, I can't feel the blood rushing through my veins, its just the rage, rage of always being the odd one out, the rage of being an unwanted kid by my mother. But, I am not taking this anymore.

"Little brother, You could have called me to join you for the coffee."

I hear Jacob say this to me.

I don't look back at him, I am still angry at him, at Dad, and the entire universe for always being so unfair to me. I feel vulnerable but the angry type of vulnerable, I can burn down the entire world in the fire of my rage,

"You wanted to talk about our Mafia and business."

He stands beside me and keeps his arms on the railing.
And I take my arms away.

The minute I try to think what to say, I hear the hissing sound of the ocean, and air, trying to whisper something to me that I don't seem to understand.

"It's clear, I am 21 now, I  want to take over the Mafia,"
I say and immediately take a sip from my coffee.

It has never felt more bitter to me than it does now.

"But, You are still a kid, Abraham. I don't ever want you to be part of it. It's only darkness here." He looks at me.

I am silent. I can still feel the bitter taste of coffee in my mouth.

"And, you know the only color other than black is red here, and that is the color of blood. Even if you want to make things right, you still can't stop your hands from being red by someone else's blood. Mom never wanted me to do this,  She always asked me not to, "

He seems so sad and so tired but I cut his sentence in the middle,

"But mom never asked me to not be part of the Mafia, instead she left me when I was just a kid, "
I shout, shout enough for the trees to get scared of my voice.

"Stop being angry at Mom Abraham, she had her reasons." Jacob holds my hands.

"Stop it, You all should stop acting like you are nice to me, Neither you nor Dad, you guys ever cared for me, all you have ever cared about is the wealth and the fame. Now, I want the same, Why does it seem so wrong to you both."

I still shout leaving my hands out of his grip, trying to tell him that I am not some pathetic creature.

"What's wrong with you now? You have always wanted to become a writer, Remember all the beautiful poems you have ever written. Be a businessman, take over business publish your books, and be the author. Being a businessman will give you wealth, and being an author will give you fame. Just take this mafia thing out of your head Abraham. I am never letting you take over the Mafia, letting you in this world is just like throwing raw meat in front of dogs and asking them to eat it."

He says this and leaves.

He doesn't stay looking back, it feels like I scare him and this scares me now.