Chapter 5

Delilah Sinclair

How ironic is he being by helping me first and dropping me then?

I sit there and look at my helpless existence.
I feel sorry for myself.

"Come on" Isaac extends his hand towards me.

"I don't need anyone's help, enough is enough Isaac. " I don't know why but I shout at Isaac.

" And you, this is not funny, and I am not a joke. " I stand up, look at Abraham, and say.

And then, I walk out of the cafe, forgetting my book on the floor.

I see people looking at me, but I don't care.

I enter my home, go to the shower and stand under the running water naked.

I haven't cried for ages, I think my tear glands don't work anymore. I wonder if they are even there or not.

I want to cry, but I can't. I want to talk to someone and there's no one.

I come out of the shower and call Noah again.

"Can I talk to you, later?" It's my clinical posting at the cardio ward today. " he doesn't listen to me, he attended Call and said this.

I hung up.

I close the window and turn off the lights, it's dark inside my room despite the bright day outside, but it's dark inside my head.

I jump into my bed and put my blanket on. I want to sleep, that's my coping mechanism.
I know I have no. if chores to do, I even have to go out looking for a part-time job tonight.
But for now, I will just sleep, until someone will come and wake me up.

                      ________________
Abraham Walton

"This is not funny and I am not a joke." She said and left.

Her words echo in my head.

I move two steps forward and take her book.

And then towards the boy who trapped her the second time, making her fall again.

"Why did you do this to her?" I ask him calmly.

"Because you don't like her. " he says smiling.

I punch him in the face and he is on the floor.

He looks at me with surprise and confusion on his face, he touches the blood coming out of his nose.

"Nobody will dare to touch her. You all note it down." I shout, I shout enough for the entire cafe to listen to it.

There is complete silence there.

"You have gone mad."

Isaac helps the guy I just punched.

" Now let's go and get him checked. " he says to me.

"Meet me at my mansion. I am off. " I say and leave as if that guy is not my responsibility.

It's Isaac's.

Sometimes, I am scared, Isaac might leave me too.
But, he is the best person and the best friend I have ever met.
I love how he loves everyone but again why is he stuck with me then? He doesn't leave me.
I am a monster and I don't deserve someone like him.

                      _______________

"Do you have any problem with Delilah?" Isaac asks me.

We are sitting outside my room, on the room's balcony, that's very spacious. It has some vases containing flowers and others containing cactus.
I love cactus.