Chapter 19

Delilah Sinclair

I left the football ground, I don't remember what I told that girl why I had to leave, I just left.
And now I am wandering, I am waiting for someone to stop me, to ask me if I have lost the way to my class after I  have been attending it for the last 6 months, I want someone to tell me that girl was wrong, why would my mind think that much about Abraham.
I know if he could bully me, he can do more.
But rape girls? No Abraham can't ever do that.

"Delilah" a similar voice calls my name.
My feet stop walking.

"Delilah, I have been searching for you on the entire campus."
Isaac smiles at me.

I look at him, I look at his face more closely today, I don't think I recognize people anymore.

" What's wrong?" He asks still smiling.

I sometimes wonder, how is someone so sweet.

"I know you have neither had your breakfast nor you have slept."

He says. And I just stare at this man with 100 and 1000s of questions in my mind.

"Come with me, let's have breakfast first."

He takes the books from my hands.
And I give him without any effort to stop him.

" What's wrong? You haven't uttered a single word in the last 10 minutes"

He sits down in front of me after he is done ordering food.

"I..."

I am not sure what to ask and how to even make a question out of just 26 alphabets. I wish English had more alphabets but I don't think I still would have the courage to ask him anything.

"Are you fine?"

He seems worried now.

"Where is Abraham?"

I throw a question, a simple one that I can ask and he can answer.

"He is out of town."
Hé answers without making eye contact with me.

"For what?"
But I look him in the eyes.

"For some important task," he says looking at the waiter who is serving us breakfast.

"Thanks."

Isaac smiles and says to the waiter.

"To kill people?" I say.

Or more accurately, it slips down my down.

He looks at me, he is astonished. Or ashamed, I can't figure out looking at him.

"What?"
He lifts his eyebrow to show his astonishment.

"As you don't know anything,"
I say sarcastically laughing.

"Can you please tell me what are you exactly referring to?"
I say looking him in the eyes.

"Abraham? Jocab got injured in a fight, he injured his spinal cord"

He says as if getting a spinal cord injury is similar to getting a headache.
Now, I am the astonished one.

"Jacob, his elder brother."
He explains looking at the thousands of questions on my face.

"Oh!" I forget about anything that girl said,
Spinal cord injury means unable to walk, means morbidity for life,

That's so easy to say, they are just a few words, but they are morbid and injured for a lifetime. It's so painful for loved ones as much as it's painful for the bearer. All of a sudden I feel sorry for Abraham.
I have checked on the internet and his social profile, they are just 2 brothers.
I am sad, my mind gets numb again.
I don't know why I feel everything so intense, every emotion for him is so intense and severe.
Whether my hatred for him or my sympathy, all emotions get tangled when it comes to him.

" Isn't he alone there? Why don't you go to support him?"
All I mean is the moral and emotional support because course Abraham needs no other assistance from anyone else.

"I asked him, I wanted to go but he denied it. He said he wants to be alone."
He seems sad now.

I want to say a lot but I decide to stay silent.

"He is strong, you should focus on your breakfast and please make sure to get some sleep, I am so worried about you Delilah, look at your eyes."

This man makes me anxious, how can someone be so sweet to me? After Noah and Ava, he is the probably only one I can rely on.

I just nod and smile.

I try to concentrate only on my breakfast, but even in this huge cafeteria and a lot of noise, deep down my thoughts have already diverted towards Abraham.

                       ____________

Abraham Walton

I kept looking At Jacob sleeping in his room, he has been sleeping okay These days, otherwise, he has in a lot of pain during the last few days. When I make sure he has fallen asleep, I make my way out of his room, I wander around this house, thinking of our childhood, and I don't even know I reach the library.

And, I look at the number of books presented all over the walls, I haven't understood till this day what comfort I feel in books, I move forward to touch books, And I feel I book is titled out, I reach to take it. It's the same book that was present here the last time I visited, "Poems by P B Shelly". I opened it and a page containing dried roses opened. My eyes scan the poem and Delilah sitting in a cafe still reads it for me,

       "So, thy thought, when thou art gone.
         Love itself shall slumber on."

I haven't thought about Delilah since the day I have been here and now, my heart is constricting looking at this poem. And, my neurons seem hyperactive.

I put the book on the shelf and sit down on the chair.

I feel so empty all of a sudden, some things feels missing, this library doesn't feel like my home anymore, I have left my home somewhere else, where I myself can't find it.
But, all these thoughts and still I can't delilah's delicate lips reading the peom, her soft hands holding the book, her dark brown innocent eyes looking at me for the approval. She is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. But, Why is she all over my brain, Why has she always been ruling over my brain?

I take my phone out of my pocket and open my mails, I am not sure if Delilah would have emailed me or not, but I check it with a hope that she should have.

And, she has sent 3-4 emails, discussing work in some and asking 'Where I am?' And ' I should come back to help her in final research work.'

I sit down to write reply to her.

I write first message comrpising of 200 words, I reread it and backspace because I think I have overshared in this text.

I write another text, cutting unneccesary stuff and now the text is lowkey left with 2 words 'Yeah, Okay.'

I backspace it too.And decides, not to reply.  I throw my cellphone on sofa present near by.
And stands up to search for a classic romance to read.