Chapter 4

Delilah

"Delilah, listen."

I hear Isaac running behind me.

I am not crying, I am just scared, scared that it might hurt Abraham's ego and he might do something to ruin me.
I am stupid to not control my emotions and my anger in front of a mafia.

"Delilah, wait please please."

I still hear him but I don't stop.

It's Isaac's mistake he shouldn't have invited me.
Maybe it's my own mistake, I know the parties like this are not for me but I still went, as I belong there.

Abraham was right, I don't belong there.
Instead, I don't belong anywhere.

" Are you mad? I have been calling you for the past 5 minutes, it's night time and it's not safe to walk around here. "

Isaac holds my hand from behind and I stop.

His words feel harsh but his tone is still soft.

"It's not safe here because of your friend, that psychopath billionaire. "
I turn towards Isaac and say.

I look behind him because deep down I am scared Abraham might be somewhere near me.

"He is a nice person, I hope you two get along, I will pray for it. "

He smiles.

There is something about his smile, he is so innocent or he is so me.

"Now, come let me drop you to your home."

He holds my hand again and takes me to his car. I move with him without taking away my hand from his.

"Music? Is that okay with you?" He asks me.

"Yeah," I reply and look forward to the road.

It's dark and it's cold.

I am already wearing a sleeveless dress. I shiver because of the coldness.

He turns on the heater of his car first.

And then the song.

"Every night in my dream, I see you I feel you."

The warmth produced by the heater and the lyrics and the music of the song hits me all together at the same time.

His car is the cozy place you wanna live forever.

"That is how I know you, go on."

I secretly look at him.

He is lip-syncing the lyrics.
He is so cute.
I wish his friend was cute too.

"Do you like the Titanic movie?" I ask him.

I want to stay silent at this moment.
I want to feel the warmth and coziness of his car.
But, I don't know, my neurons made a question as if they want to keep talking to this person.

"We love it." He replies.

I think we means him and Abraham but I still ask him.

"We?"

"Me and Abraham." He says looking at the road in front of us.

"I thought he might like some movie where there they keep bullying people weaker than them. "

I try to be sarcastic but deep down I know that's of no use because he is his best friend.

"I think I am going to talk to him about this. He is such a nice person, he was always so nice to me in School when no one else wanted to be my friend. I would ask him the reason why is he being like this to you."