Chapter 12

Delilah Sinclair

I am a bit nervous when I step into a 5-star hotel though Noah is with me. But, maybe this is what scares me more. I always have doubts or I feel like Isaac has feelings for me. Now I would be sitting down with my boyfriend and a friend who has feelings for me, which looks odd to me.

"There they are."

Noah says, and I look at the table where Isaac is sitting with Cristian.

She is also in our literature class and she is the partner of Isaac in our literature assignments group. Cristian is so nice to me unlike most of the other girls.

I breathe a sigh of relief.

"yeah let's go there." I smile.

Maybe I was wrong Isaac doesn't have feelings for me. It's good.

"Hi, Noah. Hi, Delilah." Isaac stands up and hugs me and Noah.

"Hi, Cristian, this is Noah, my boyfriend. And Noah this is Christian. She is in my literature class."
I make them introduce to each other.
And this is not weird. I thought it would look weird but it's not.

"You are looking so beautiful."
Cristian tells me as I sit down on a chair that Noah pulled for me.

"Yeah, she is." Isaac is looking at me.

"Thank you." I hope I am not blushing because I am not used to listening to this from anyone other than Noah and Ava.

An awkward silence between the four of us until Cristian speaks.

"How do you two meet?" She seems excited.
I look at Noah and He is already looking at me and smiling.

"Or more particularly, I can ask how long have you known each other?"

"We have known each other forever," Noah replies.

I look at him and smile, then I look at Isaac. He is smiling too.

"Wait. How?" Cristian seems interested in our story.

"We were neighbors and Delilah was always a nerd, reading one book or the other always. Despite she used to help me in my studies. I was such a dumb kid always."

He holds my hands and tells them while looking at Isaac and Cristian, and both seem to pay attention to his story. This is what literature students do, we are so fond of stories.

"She has always been there for me, in all my highs and lows and..." He doesn't finish his sentence when I interrupt him.

"No, Actually he has always been there for me. I was just 5 when my mom died. Since then, he has been my best friend." I say looking at Cristain first and then Isaac.

"Your mom died when you were just 5? I thought you lived with both of your parents." Cristian asks.

Isaac looks at her as if he is asking her to stop.
"You don't need to talk about it."

Noah holds my hand and kisses it.

"I should speak about it more often, They say if you can't talk about it that means you haven't healed from it and I am healed. And You healed me, Noah."

I say looking at him.

I look at Isaac, it feels like something inside him has broken, maybe at this very moment he is regretting his decision to invite us to dinner, maybe he is regretting his decision to help me out on 1st day of university, I can feel that in his eyes.

"I live with my dad, stepmother, and 2 step sisters. But the fact is they all love me a lot. I get the princess treatment a girl can get."

I say looking at Cristian and she smiles as if she is genuinely happy for me.