Chapter 13

It took me some time to wash my mouth but I can still feel the bitterness of coffee in my mouth and its effect on my head.

"Hi, Delilah, over here."

As I enter the class I see Isaac waving his hands at me.

I smile and move towards him.

At least there is someone in this university, I can call my friend.

"Hello,"
I put my bag on the desk and sit down.

"Where were you?"
Isaac asks.

"Actually,"
As I look at him, I see Abraham is already sitting there with Isaac.

"Never Mind."
I take my bag and stand up.

Abraham smirks looking at me,

"What happened Lilah?"
Isaac looks at me wondering why I would stand up.

"Ask from your friend."
I say and leave them.

I wonder where to sit until Cristian asks me to sit beside her and I am glad.

At this point, I want to sit beside someone I am friends with.

Even if they don't talk to me, I just need them to sit with me. I wanted to be with Isaac but never Abraham.

Our teacher asks us to share our assignment.
I read it for her, I thought Abraham would ruin it in one way or another but he didn't.
But, still, I can't forget what he did to me in the morning.

"I liked the explanations and the choice of poems you all have made. There is this contest in literature, where if you would submit all the poems and explanations that you would have written, you would get the reward. But, it must be with the consent of your assignment partner if they agree to submit then you can submit. Okay you all, Class dismissed."

Our teacher says it when everyone reads their assignments for her.

I immediately got a smile on my face, I was in dire need of money and now I can just submit it.

I look at Abraham, and I go towards him.

"I want to submit our assignments."
I say when he is leaving the class.

I don't see Isaac anywhere, maybe he is discussing the contest with his partner.

"But I don't want to," He says and leaves.

"Abraham wait, I want that scholarship. I need your sign on this paper for submitting it."

I ran behind him because as soon as class ended he left despite knowing how much I wanted money.

"I don't have enough time for these stupid activities Delilah"
He replies without looking back at me.

"Abraham listen"
I shout but he doesn't stop.

I ran a little faster to meet his pace, by the time I reached him, I was already a little out of breath and we were almost at the back of the department and there were not many people here.

"come on Abraham."

I stand in front of him.
He seems a little worried but I seriously don't care, all I care is about the money and the scholarship.

"I don't have time." He clenched his teeth in anger.

"but you are my partner, I can't sign up for this contest all alone."

I don't shout but there's something in my tone that annoys him well I think my whole existence annoys him.

"Why do you need money? Your stepmother doesn't care enough for you? She doesn't give you enough money? Or all those freaking part-time jobs ain't enough for you?"

He pushes me a little and I am standing with my back against the wall.

I don't reply to him because my neurons are still trying to figure out what he just said.

"Oh wait, your father...your freaking father doesn't give you enough money for all basic needs instead he has never cared for you since your mom died..."

He is torturing me with his words now, but I am not mad at him.

"But, Abraham, there's one thing common between us, isn't it? "

He is shocked, he didn't expect me to reply so calmly since he loves to see me freaking out at his tortures.

"Neither I grew up with my mom nor did you," I say and I don't fear him.

"Delilah..."

He shouts my name and at the same time, he clenches his fist to punch me and I close my eyes that's the only response I can think of right now.
But he didn't punch me though I heard the sound of something like stone hitting something hard, I opened my eyes just to see his red hand.

He punched his hand with all his energy against the wall.

If it wasn't for the skin and muscles around his bones, I am sure I could have seen the fragments of bones scattering all around the ground.

I look at him and he stands there as if it doesn't hurt him a bit.

"Are you mad?"
I take his hand from his wrist.

"You, fucking, leave me alone."

He shouts, but that's not the shout of anger, it's more like the shout of pain but not the pain of broken bones inside the flesh but the broken heart inside his chest.

"I am not leaving you alone."

I look at his hand and now I am worried for him.

It had swollen in a matter of minutes.

"I said leave me alone, are you mad?"
He shouts again and tries to leave the grip of his wrist from my hand.

"Shut up Abraham. I am not listening to you today. You have to come with me to the hospital right now."

I shout and he shuts up like baby would when his mother shouts.

He looks so innocent to me right now.

Author's note,
I want to be consistent with publishing episodes but I still have one last exam.
Wish me luck with my exam.
And don't forget to vote and comment.♥️