Chapter 16

Abraham Walton

I want to call for my private helicopter so I can go to Jacob but I don't have the energy,

I reach my mansion, and it took me 100 years to reach my bedroom, I sleep on my bed and put a blanket on me because I am shivering despite my room being so warm by a heater.

I try to think what Jacob's assistant said,

"Your father needs you here."

This is all I could remember.

I curl my legs closer to my body, to stop the shivering but I can't probably it's not because of the cold outside, it's my body's response to something I am scared of.

But, What is it I am so scared of?
I try to remember.

"Jacob has seriously got injured in a fight with Some Mafia. He has got a bullet in his spinal cord. Currently, he is in Operation Theatre."

My heart once again starts palpitating, I shiver and all of a sudden I black out, everything is black and dark and I am losing consciousness.
__________
Delilah Sinclair.

Isaac dropped me home after we finished watching the movie.

I feel happy, like genuinely happy, there's something good about it. For the first time, it felt like Abraham was bothering me for fun and not because he hated me.

I open the door.

And my mom is standing there, in her night dress with her hands folded over her chest.

I panic.

I don't even know why.

"I was waiting for you, my dear daughter." She smiles.

"yes, mom."

I smile back, though I don't move forward to greet her. I don't even dare to ask her why she is still awake and what's the task I am left with.
I am not the same person I was a few minutes ago, I am a 5-year-old kid trapped in a body of 19 years old.

"Honey, I have received like 100 orders that I have to dispatch tomorrow, Can you pack all these for me? Also make sure to wake up early tomorrow morning and handle these orders to TCS. Okay?"
She says smiling.

"Yes, Mom," I say smiling as if I am not a bit tired.

"I knew my daughter would do it all. Good night, Honey."

"Night, Mom."

I say I am still standing at the door.
Mom leaves.

Meanwhile, I go straight to the hall where all the orders are lying and sit down to work.
It feels like everything I was doing till now was a dream and Now I have been woken up to reality.
_____________

As soon as I reached the hospital, I immediately rushed toward the OT, I still remember every corner of this hospital as if I was the one who designed it.

I stay there in front of OT, there is no one waiting there, there is no one crying or praying,
A nurse came out and I asked her,

"How is he?" I say as if she knows for whom am I talking, and she should know.

"Mr. Jacob's operation was successful and Now He is in ICU." She replies and looks at me for the permission to leave.

I permit her to leave with the expression in my eyes because I can't utter a word, I am overwhelmed.

I know where Jacob would be staying, so I immediately go there, I expected my father to be sitting there but he is not.

It's Jacob's assistant standing beside the doctor who is checking Jacob and a male nurse is standing on the other side, injecting some medicine in a cannula that is present on the left hand of Jacob.

"How is he?" I repeat my question as If the nurse told me something wrong.

"Mr Abraham?" The doctor says,

He comes towards me and takes me outside the room, I take a look at my brother, he is sleeping, and he is unconscious.

" He is fine, But I am not sure if he will ever be able to walk again."

The doctor says it so simply, as if that not a big deal for him, as if he is used to saying such things.

"Why? Why would you say that." I shout.

" Sir, the bullet was in the spinal cord, it was 8 hours long surgery, And there were already risks, the patient could have died..." He says and I interrupts

"You. You are a doctor, you are supposed to save him and make him as he was."

I don't shout this time instead I look at some pathetic creature who is begging for his brother's life, his brother's well-being from a doctor.

"I will try my level best Sir, "It looks already hopeless to me.

I go to see Jacob again, sit there, and look at him until I realize Dad's not here.

"Where is Dad?"
I asked Jacob's assistant.

" He went back home, he had some important tasks to complete,"
I say still sounding like a robot.

"Oh Dad, How can he do this to us? Still, his work is more important."
I am sad, I am weak as if someone has drained my energy.

I had to go and see Dad today, I need to talk to him.

I need to ask him to prioritize us for once, probably that's why Mom left because Dad's priority is always his work.

Authors Note:
Sorry for late update and a short Episode.
I was already on a break from writing since I have my 4th-year professional exams next month but I still decided to write an episode today 'coz it's your author's birthday today. and At least for this one day I wanted to do what I love the most.

The next update will be in next year.
Posting it as a first draft, there might be some mistakes.

Love you guys. 🥺♥️
Keep supporting.