Chapter 22

Abraham Walton

"How long are you going to write it? It's already 2 am."

Isaac throws his cell phone on the sofa of my study when I am sitting on the carpet on the floor with several books scattered around me, I am trying to write the best research paper for Delilah.

"You can go and sleep, I am not sleeping until I am done with this Research work."

I tell him without looking at him,

"Okay fine, but remember you bought me here so we could play video games. Anyways, I am glad you patched things up with Delilah."

He says yawning.

"We will play the video game right after I finish this, If you can stay awake till then, you can otherwise it's okay."

I say highlighting a main point in the book that's present in front of me.

" I am sorry Abe, but I am a human being who needs at least 8 hours of sleep to survive. "

Isaac says leaving the study.

" I am a robot that only needs to charge the battery. Sleeping is not a thing for us."

I say ironically, a little louder so Isaac can hear it.

" And your charging is 'motivation' Mr Robot. "

Isaac comes back and says, before I look at him he has disappeared again.

Motivation? I don't even know why I am doing this for someone else, maybe I am ashamed of tearing her assignment, but no, what hurt me the most was her tears. I have to submit it by tomorrow.

" Still, 6 hours are to go till the time you gave me, and here's the research work."

As soon as Ma'am enters her office. I go to her office too, I have been waiting for her since this morning.

" Not quite impressive. "

She goes through the pages, counts them again,

"Most of it is handwritten?"

She seems a bit shocked.

"Yes, it is."

I reply. I just need to get out of this, small offices suffocate me.

"Sit down Mr Abraham."

"You have completed the entire work in just one night all by yourself?"

She looks at the file again.

"Yes, I did it all by myself."
I tell her.

" You should focus on your studies, you are very talented. "

She says after reading some of the lines from my assignment.

"Thank you, Ma'am."

I stand up and leave her office before she compliments me for something I don't want right now, it is solely for Delilah.

I just want to get back home and sleep when I receive Isaac's text about having us for dinner tonight at his apartment.

I reply to him with 'done' when I receive another text from him telling me to pick Delilah too for dinner, I reply with 'done' again.

_________________

Delilah Sinclairs.

Isaac has invited us all for dinner at his house. I am not sure who is included in 'us' here.

I wear a white short frock reaching the areas of my leg above the thigh, a golden pendant of a bird that belongs to my mom, and heels that are of Ava. I leave my wavy hair open, I wear minimal makeup because who would wear a lot of makeup to a dinner?