Chapter 10

I take a sip of coffee and I am not dead.
But, I am still suspicious of him because he is not drinking his coffee.

"Your poem, it's good. Let's go with it." He says looking at me drinking coffee.

"Okay." I wasn't expecting the word "good" from him but Maybe he is not as bad as I think.

I am still thinking about it when Isaac comes and sits with us on the 3rd chair present over there.

"Hi, did you guys sort it out?" He asks looking at me.

"Yeah be," I tell him and take another sip of coffee.

"Here's your coffee." Abraham slightly pushes the cup of coffee towards Isaac and Isaac takes it.

Oh, so it wasn't for him that's why he was not having it.

"And the poem, send me when you are done with writing about it. I won't change anything without your permission."

Abraham stands up looks at me and says this.

He takes his sunglasses and cell phone from the table.

"Bye, buddy."

He high-fives Isaac and leaves.

Good, at least he left.
I always feel uncomfortable in Abraham's presence.

"Was hé okay now? Did he say anything wrong to you now?"

Isaac asks taking his coffee.

"He was so nice that it made me suspicious of him"

I tell him and he laughs.

"Delilah."

After a solid 5 minutes of silence between us, Isaac says my name.

"Yeah."

I was busy looking at my notes.

"Are you free this weekend?"

He is looking straight into my eyes, and my hands freeze.

"Why?"

I throw questions at him instead of replying to him and that's what I do most of the time.

"We could go on a dinner."

Is he mad? I have a boyfriend.

"I ..." I want to say No to him but he is so nice, I can't hurt him.

"I have also told Noah to come too."

He adds.

He knows I am insecure and I know why I am insecure.

"What did he say?" I haven't talked to Noah.

"He said okay if you could come too. So here I am asking."

Now, if everyone is coming that means Abraham might be coming too and it stresses me because Noah asked me to stay away from Abraham, he is a mafia.

"Abraham will come too?"

I ask him

"Oh no, he won't. He has to go out of the city for some work."

Isaac notices the discomfort on my face.

"Okay."

                     _______________

I reach the island where my brother is living.
As soon as I take off from the helicopter, a black car is standing there.
I wear my sunglasses, when the helicopter takes off and the massive air around it causes my hair to fly with it.
I reach the car and sit in it.

" Hello, little brother." My brother says when I reach his villa.

"I am not little anymore." I hug him because I genuinely love him.

"You are always going to be my younger brother no matter how old you grow." He pats my hair the way he used to do in childhood.
He is just like a mother to me and every time I visit him, I feel at home.

"You said you had something very important to discuss?" He sits down on the sofa and so do I.

A servant offers me a glass of water and I take it.
I drink the entire glass of water in one gulp.

" It's about Mafia. I mean..." I am not nervous but he cuts me amidst my sentence,

"Abraham let's have dinner. We will talk about this later. I am tired of this business and mafia talks, let's be a family for today."

He says I can't see any emotion on his face, he looks dead to me while saying this.
I don't even know the reason behind this, I am not sure if I want to know the reason behind it, I am just here to ask him to simply let me take over the Mafia, let me be the king. I don't want family. I want power.

Authors Note:
        I have fought a complete war with myself to over come the writers block I was suffering from.
The episode is short but I wanted to publish it anyway, delaying it more would frustrate me more.
Vote and comment, it will motivate me to complete this novel.
I will come back with a new big episode.

Lots of love from your author♥️