Part 5

Alhaitham's eyes widened at Kaveh's reaction and especially what it was he coughed out...The blood got coughed onto Alhaitham's shirt before Kaveh could cover his mouth, luckily Kaveh had his hands over his mouth to cough out the flower. He watched as Kaveh lifted his head slightly to see him panting, his grip tightening on Alhaitham. "Kaveh..?" he tilted the blonde's head up to see some blood leaking from the corner of his mouth, his gaze shifted down to the bloodied flower in Kaveh's hand. "..." An overflow of worry flushed all threw Alhaitham's body, he's read about this before..if he could recall it was the Hanahaki disease..A rather dreadful and rare disease...He felt his heart drop and suddenly everything made sense to him, why Kaveh acted the way he did and what happened that night. So..does this mean..Kaveh..he likes– just then not only did he realize Kaveh liked him he also understood why Kaveh said "this is your fault" during his outburst..and why he was avoiding Alhaitham..His thought was broken as he felt Kaveh start to shake again and slowly back away.

"...You...ALHAITHAM YOU SUCK!" he yelled before turning his body and running out the door. He ran out the Akademiya and honestly ran until he was tired. Shortly after he found himself somewhere he hadn't exactly recognized before..But nobody was around lucky for him. There was some railing in front of him and so he jumped over it to get his body on the other side then went and jumped up to sit on it. He kicked his legs slightly as he looked down, his grip tightened on the railing as reality hit in..Alhaitham knew his disease..he knew Kaveh liked him..well..he didn't..not anymore. But it came back so he obviously fell for him again! Hence why he said Alhaitham sucked. Goddamn you Alhaitham! I finally FINALLY get over you and hate you then you go ahead and have to mess it all up again! Why are you so unpredictable sometimes! One moment you dont care then the next you do! He thought while complaining. Although that happened again he felt fine..Perhaps he liked Alhaitham again for a second because he was being so kind and caring..maybe he got excited cause it was a new side of Alhaitham? Kaveh didn't know. But when he thought about it he most certainly did not like Alhaitham again, he would have known. So he settled on the idea that he liked him for that moment, in which his feelings ended immediately after. But the fact Alhaitham saw Kaveh's cough was a problem.. Maybe he doesn't know what it is and it'll be ok. But if he does know then he'll think I like him.. Which I most certainly do NOT. Not anymore at least- he heaved out a heavy sigh while leaning his head back. "Maybe running wasn't the best option..But it's nice to be away. Although it's going to be awkward going back..-" he mumbled to himself. After taking a moment to finally relax and calm down, empty his mind he realized just how exhausted he was, both physically and mentally. The exhaustion fully caught up to him and with that he didn't even notice that his eyes closed..

When his eyes opened again the first thing he saw was the sky slightly dim and the tree branches covering most of the sky. You could say the sky was starting to darken and night would soon overcome. Jeez...I slept that long? What time did I wake up anyway? Did I wake up early? Did I sleep in? Time makes no sense today.. He stared up at the sky watching it go dark and the lights of Sumeru light up, fireflies everywhere in the tree's.. He felt his whole body die down, his eyes going blank as if he was completely numb. He looked down at his hand as he lifted it up slightly, all his years of trauma, using humor and such to cope, drinking till he couldn't think or remember anything of that day..He didn't have that anymore. He can't drink at that moment, he can't even manage to find something to use humor to cope with everything. All he had was reality and the thoughts/feelings he's been pushing away and avoiding for so long. He brought his knees up to his chest, hugging them while laying his head into his arms that rested on his knees. Whenever he was overly emotional it tired him out, and although he just slept and woke up he closed his eyes..lightly falling asleep once more. Although he never knew or remembered himself falling asleep..Supposedly it just happens.