20

Kaveh walked over to the railing, leaning his body over it "So, what brought you to Mondstadt?"

"Tighnari and Cyno. They came here for Collei and I got dragged along" Alhaitham mumbled, he didn't want to hold this conversation. There was one already on his mind he needed to discuss

"Is that so? Guess I wasn't safe either way" Kaveh laughed. He felt slightly awkward around Alhaitham..Maybe it was the way they made up so fast and Kaveh didn't have time to process his feelings. But anger didn't help the situation, they both did something horrible so they had no right using it against eachother. Well- they did but they chose not to supposedly. "Well. This is officially aw—"

"Please come home.." Alhaitham came up behind the blonde, his hands running down his waist with his body leaning over Kaveh's back "I know it may seem like you can't, but I'm sure we can explain everything."

Kaveh turned his head back to face Alhaitham "pfft! Are you serious?" Kaveh smiled "Alhaitham you know I can't do that"

"Why not!" Now Alhaitham started to panic.. He knew he loved Kaveh. He's always loved Kaveh. Not a day went by where he didn't think about the blonde..Ever since he left him..But now that he has him back...He'd hope he would stay..Every day that went by he'd read Kaveh's book. Everyday he would cuddle Kaveh's pillow. Everyday he'd bring a flower to his grave, one prettier than the last. He craved Kaveh..no matter what reason he was given to hate him..He couldn't. In the past years where he was alone in his house he'd do everything he and Kaveh used to..one thing Alhaitham could never separate from was the stuffed animal Kaveh loved with his life. Heck, he even brought it with him to Mondstadt..

"I'm happy here, and What's at Sumeru for me anyway?" Kaveh turned around, lightly pushing Alhaitham back to create some space between them

"Us.." Alhaitham reached for Kaveh's hand, holding it in his.. "I love you Kaveh..It won't pass and I need you, I know it's selfish but I love you so much and I don't care if you hate me because I will never stop. No matter how much you push me away I will always love you, you might aswell take every part of me..It already belongs to you"

The blonde stood there silent..Was this a love confession? What exactly was Alhaitham trying to do here?.. "I Uhm.." Kaveh knew he didn't like Alhaitham like that anymore, he didn't know what he felt. Yes earlier he kissed him and no he didn't regret it..But when he really thought about it he couldn't love Alhaitham again. He wasn't going back to Sumeru and he wouldn't dare let Alhaitham leave Sumeru either. Now the blonde was conflicted.. "I'm gonna need some time to think on that" he let out a nervous laugh before it turned into a sigh "I just saw you after a few years and I.. Look I don't know what to think really. But..I do know I want this" he stepped forward, wrapping Alhaitham into a hug as he mumbled "I missed this.."

Alhaitham stared down at the body wrapped onto him. Despite Kaveh somewhat rejecting him he smiled and returned the hug "Me to.." when Alhaitham truly thought about it, that only made it fun. Now he got to make Kaveh love him all over again..That's one hell of an opportunity! Now Alhaitham really had something to look forward to during this trip..

It was the next day in the afternoon, everyone gathered around for everyone's favorite event...Barbatos arrival. Bennet and Razor were talking freely as Razor told the tale of his parents. Diona was yelling at drunk adults to go away and go home then wonder why they have no family..

"Oh! Kaveh! Havnt seen you since last night!...What happened last night again? I wouldn't know, I woke up on the floor!" Venti smiled as he walked up to Kaveh "wait..What are you doing"

Kaveh turned around shushing Venti "quiet would you!" He ducked down behind Diona's bar, slowly making his way to the side

"Are you-..Ooooo stealing wine from a child I see? Heh! Iv done the same thing" Venti laughed as he watched the scene