chapter 1

"So... you too are reincarnated. I see..."

"Yeah... though if you're telling me the truth and reincarnated after dying to Shirou Emiya... are you still hellbent on destroying the world?" asked Steve as Gilgamesh's expression became sad.

"Well... no... you see, after being summoned and seeing the world... I was just enraged at how things had changed. I just... I just wanted it to go back to the way it was... I was stuck in the past not knowing that I was the one out of time... it was time for me to let go..."

"Ah... but how did you end up here?"

"Well... that bitch Ishtar used her power to send me here as her last revenge attempt. I remember hearing the voice, 'Now let's see how you'll feel to live as a mongrel'. Fucking slut."

And it was creepy to hear such words out of a kid's mouth.

"Oh... right! I remember how you used to talk, all about 'mongrel' and 'lowly beings' and stuff. But not anymore, why is that?"

"... Unlike you, I did not have the luxury to seal my memories. The amount of embarrassment I had to go through... to have no control over your bladder or bowel movements..." Gilgamesh muttered with a shiver, as Steve stifled his laugh.

"Shut up! I was a fucking king!"

"I know, it's just... I don't know... nice? I mean, since I lived in India I couldn't play the Fate games, but I did see the anime, and apart from the one you came from, my opinion about you ranged from 'Cool Asshole' to 'DAMN AMAZING'!"

"... And what about this me?"

"...Fucking bastard."

"You wound my heart!" he said dramatically as both of them laughed.

"You're really different..."

"Well... it's just... our parents... I forgot about how it felt to have someone actually care... after Enkidu, I mean I took the oath to never get another friend... I guess I was just confident but lonely."

"By confident, do you mean cocky?"

"Same thing."

"Not really, but point taken."

"...So what now?"

Steve remembered his past few years. He remembered how this ma- boy always took care of him, played with him even though he was way more mature, protect him from bullies in kinder garden, and whatnot.

As for Gilgamesh, his memories were very fond. He remembered how when he first saw his brother, he was annoyed. But no matter what happened, Steve wouldn't stay away from him. As soon as he learned to crawl, he would get close to Gilgamesh and hug him, climb on him, play with him, and chase him. Though at first annoying, he found him to be extremely adorable. Before long, his thoughts about him had changed drastically and he found himself attached to him.

"Well... I mean I always wanted an elder brother..."

"Good. IF you denied the King of Heroes, I'd strike you down," said Gilgamesh in a satisfied tone as Steve deadpanned.

"... So much for being not cocky," he muttered as Gilgamesh glared at him.

"..."

"..."

And with that, they both burst out laughing.

"So... what is your plan next?"

"Why are you asking me King of Heroes? You ain't got one for yourself?"

"No, and since you're familiar with this world, you decide. You know, I want to take it easy for a while. I've been leading enough, now I want to take a rest," said Gilgamesh while staring into the sky as Steve softly smiled.