Chapter 10

A few days had passed, and right now, we could see Issei running as Steve followed him, jumping on the roofs of buildings.

"This... is... too... much..." Issei yelled between his breaths.

"YOU RUN LIKE A PRIMARY SCHOOL GIRL!"

"HEY FOR YOUR INFORMATION IN THE PAST FEW DAYS I'VE GOTTEN QUITE FAST!" Issei yelled back, seeing a red flash passing his face the next moment, making a hole in the ground on the side of the street.

"... Nevermind"

"THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!"

After an hour, they came to a stop.

"8.7Km, in an hour. Decent, can do better," Steve said.

"BETTER!"

"This is good by normal human standards, but well, for a devil, this is below average."

"B-b-bu-"

"You want to be strong right?"

"..."

"Alright, so any luck with your sacred gear?"

"Yeah, I talked with Ddraig, and we talked about my overall power and the Balance breaker. Also, while Buchou first thought that I was too weak to actually fly using my devil wings, it's not the case. I'm more of a Dragon than a devil, since Ddraig and Boosted Gear influenced my growth, so I can't fly. But these days I get summoned," Issei said.

"Good. Now here's the deal. We'll focus on magic, because that's a decent backup and distraction, and also, you have a pretty nice advantage over other devils," Steve said as Issei looked at him, eager to know.

"Well, I guess since you were nearly killed by a girl you actually fell in love with, you had a lot of despair and sadness," Steve started as Issei looked at him with a glare.

"How's that good?"

"Well, most likely because of that, you developed a Usable amount of Cursed Energy before being reincarnated. So... you can also use that."

"AWESOME! SO WHAT ARE WE DOING? CAN I DO WHAT YOU DID?" he asked jumping in excitement.

"Nope. You have cursed Energy, but not my cursed technique. I was born with Six eyes and the ability to utilize infinity, I just controlled and innovated it to this level. But the good news is, I actually feel some kind of technique from you. We just need to figure it out. So, this evening we'll train that."

"About that... we're actually going to get Familiars today," he said as Steve nodded.

"Right, I remember all that fiasco, and then the Dodgeball game... alright. Well, do your best to find a good familiar, and don't go finding some based on your pervy tendencies," Steve said as Issei pouted.

"I'm getting better you know."

"Right, of course, you are," Steve replied with a giggle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve didn't know why he and Artoria were tagging along.

Or well, he did.

A few hours earlier, Rias had offered him and Gil to accompany her peerage to get familiars, only Gil already had one.

And so, there they were, in front of a large forest, when they heard a loud voice.

"I'm the familiar master, the TAWJI!" yelled a man standing on top of a tree.

"Knock-off Ash Ketchum," both Steve and Issei said at the same time and high-fived.

"Great, now they're in sync. Next thing we know, he'll be peeping on us too," Koneko said with a straight face.