Chapter 18

Issei woke up in a dimly lit room.

"H-huh? Where am I- MMPFFF!" Issei was cut off as he felt two pairs of arms wrap around him.

"ISSEI!" "ISSEI SAN!"

Both Rias and Asia were hugging him tightly with tears flowing from their eyes, as he returned their hugs.

"I'm fine, Buchou, Asia Chan," he said with a smile as they both sobbed.

"Y-you were so cool out there Issei san..." Asia said while snuggling to him as he chuckled.

"Thanks, Asia Chan. Senpai," he said while looking at her in the eyes.

"Now you're free. You can break off the engagement whenever you want, and do whatever you want to," he said with a smile as Rias planted her lips on his.

"I don't want to! I want you Issei..." she muttered as Issei's eyes widened.

"W-what?"

"I love you!"

"WAIT! You can't get ahead of me Buchou! I love Issei san too!"

"N-NANI!"

"Ara ara, sorry to interrupt you all, but you must come out, the three Satans present want to make a very important announcement," Akeno said standing at the door with a smirking Steve behind her.

"Looks like little Issei's dream to become the Harem king is finally fulfilled," he smugly said as Issei blushed even harder.

"R-right, w-we're coming," Rias said as Steve's smirk widened.

"That's what she said!"

"STEVE!"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone was gathered in a large room as everything was broadcasted to the whole underworld and many Mythological factions.

"Today the spectacular battle between High-Class Devil Riser Phenex and the Red Dragon Emperor and Rias Gremory's pawn for the right to be engaged to Rias Gremory concluded with the victory going to Issei Hyoudou. Thus, following today, Rias Gremory is engaged to Issei Hyoudou as per the tradition," Sirzechs announced as murmurs arose between the crowd.

'They're not very happy about this, especially those who are concerned about pureblooded things. But I don't need to worry about that, as long as we have Heroes for Hire, any rebellion can be suppressed in an instant.'

Normally, mercenaries could not be trusted. That was the rule to be followed by everyone. However, Sirzechs knew both siblings. He knew how much they valued the bonds they formed. Thus he could place his trust in them.

'What's truly good and truly evil ultimately falls in an individual's own hand. No god can decide that for you, no matter if you were born as a devil, an Angel, or a human. What you do with your future is in your hands.'

With this thought, Sirzechs smiled as he clapped his hand for everyone's attention.

As he looked through the crowd, he saw Steve and Artoria with Koneko, both having their hands on her shoulder, as Steve nodded.

"Underworld. I would also like to use this opportunity to announce a very important thing about a past mistake we as Satans made.

A few years ago, the Nekomata incident happened when a ReincarnatedNekomata going by the name Kuroka Tojou murdered her master. After an investigation, it was declared that she lost control of her powers and went berserk."

Everyone was now listening to Sirzechs closely.

As for Koneko, her eyes were wide as she was reminded of that day. She was close to tears when she felt someone hold her hand.