Chapter 12

Everyone was silent.

Until Rias slapped Issei, who just looked at the ground.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? YOU'RE NOT STRONG ENOUGH ISSEI! HE CAN KILL YOU!"

"... I don't know, Buchou, and I don't care. What I do know is that you won't be happy with him. And to me, your happiness matters the most. YOU saved me from Raynare, you gave me a new life, you protected me. All that matters to me is that you are happy, and for that, I'd even go against god himself if I have to," he said as he looked straight into her eyes with determination.

'GREAT PARTNER! We'll beat that fucking chicken, no worries.'

"I-Issei..." Rias muttered as she hugged him and sobbed.

And then Steve started to clap.

"Yay, it's all a happy ending," he said with a grin as others glared at him, barring Koneko, Issei, and Grayfia.

"How is that happy? Issei is going against a high-class devil, he'll die," Kiba said angrily.

"You think I would let him die?" Steve said seriously as Kiba took a step back.

"I... I did not mean it like that. I was just worried..."

"And I am prepared. He made a grave mistake in giving Issei 10 days. Because in these 10 days, I'm going to make Issei so strong that Riser won't be an issue for him," he said as others gulped.

"I... thanks," Issei said as Steve pat him on the back.

"You're welcome, bro. Plus it was nice to see you finally grow a pair," he said as Issei pouted.

Grayfia cleared her throat as everyone looked at her.

"Now if that is done, I'd like to take my leave," she said as Steve pouted.

"Aww, Grayfia nee, please stay for a while, there's so much I wanna show you," Steve said as Grayfia deadpanned at him.

"Your childishness knows no bounds," she jabbed as Steve pouted.

"Come on, now that your job is done, you can lighten up a little you know," he said as Grayfia grabbed him by the ear and twisted it.

"OUCH OUCH OUCH! UNLIKE SIRZECHS I AM NOT A MASOCHIST!" he yelled as Grayfia blushed.

"Uh... how are you and him so close Grayfia?" asked Rias, confused as to what was happening.

"Ah right, Rias sama, I see you're well acquainted with Steve sama here," she said as Steve released a bit of his power.

"Stop adding SAMA AFTER MY NAME! I thought we were close," Steve said with comical tears.

"R-right, so Steve is very close to me and Sirzechs sama, and also your parents. We all hold him in great regard," Grayfia said as Steve smiled brightly.

"Yeah, we're really close. Should I start calling you Onee sama, Rias senpai?"

"E-eh?"

"RIAS ONEE SAN!"

"HEY, BACK OFF MAN!" yelled Issei as the rest giggled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Issei was standing in front of Steve's mansion.

'From today, my training starts...' he thought as he rang the bell.

"Welcome to my humble abode," he heard a voice behind him, surprising him as he jumped and squealed.

"Your scream is really high-pitched dude, you sure you're not a girl?"